Sep 8, 2019
Hi! I reciently upgraded my pc to this:

-Gigabyte z390 gaming x
-Nvidia rtx 2070 super
-Intel i7-9700k
-Having 16 DDR4 RAM
-A 970 EVO
-WINDOWS 10

The thing is, everyday when i do the first startup of windows the cpu temperature skyrockets to 100ºC for 5 to 10 minutes, then goes down to 31ºC, then for the rest of the day even if i shut down my pc and turning it back on, the cpu temperature stays at a normal temperature. Also add that the CPU don't even reach the 30% resource consumption while the temperature is that high.
Is there any program that starts every day that could cause this problem? Any solutions for this?

Sorry my awful english and thanks everyone replying

Last edited:
This is a tough one to understand. Have you tried testing the CPU with something like Prime95 to see what your real temps are like under max load? Use Realtemp or Coretemp to monitor temps whilst you do a Prime95 run. It may be something as simple as a startup process so check Task Manager to see what is pushing the CPU or the CPU cooler not being on properly.

Sep 8, 2019
I'm not into pc building and so, my friend who build my pc says that could be the motherboard testing all the components of the pc, i will try your option too.
Damm, i forgot to mention that the cpu usage is very low, gets to a maximum of 30% usage all combined.

Sep 8, 2019
Possible it's a faulty/failing pump on the CPU cooler? Could be spooling on a heavy delay on first start of the day. Maybe starts normal after PC shutoff when still "warm". Had a failing pump myself years back exhibit this delayed start behavior.
Well, my cooler pump has only 2 years, but it may be a thing to consider

Sep 8, 2019
What is the pump RPM showing in BIOS on "cold boot". I'd check as quick as possible during first boot after system has been off overnight.
That actually makes sense, this cpu fan going crazy happens every time the pc had been off for a while.
I searched a bit and the fan getting to 100% is normal for a couple of seconds, i don't know why in my case this last for 5 minutes...

OK. If there is indeed some kind of delay when the pump is cold, it could explain the very high fan speed for a few minutes as it's trying to compensate for very high temps from no water moving. It's worth a look to see if you can catch the pump RPM when this happens.