[SOLVED] Cpu temp so high i7 7700k

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Guys please help.
I have an i7 7700k on a msi z270 sli plus and cooler master liquid lc240e ram 16gb 3200mhz

Its currently working on (4.2-4.7) ghz but the temp gets so high when i lunch a game it goes up to (90-97)°c (i dont notice any fps drop or lag in game)

Is that normal for a used cpu , or is there any program to increase my fans speed even more , i mean i already have the liquid fans on max speed from the bios , or should i change thermal paste .

And tell me if this temps are good for a next year of usage or should i instantly do smth abt it

Solution
I understand what do u mean , but i cant scruw the cooler fans on top of the case also the bottom , cuz i have no screw holes up top, i do at the bottom but it couldnt reach it cuz the gpu was in the way x(
So that's the only possible placement in my case
But thank u now i understand the problem
Nah, you misunderstood me. Radiator should stay where it is - you just need to rotate it so tubes are connected to the bottom of the radiator instead of to the top. The tubes might still be too short for that but that's correct position.

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Sounds a bit too high, especially for a water cooling (even knowing that 7700K do run hot). What are idle temps? If they are also high it could indicate problem with cooler installation or even with cooler itself.

Thank you man , the cooler instalation looks completly fine and both fans are working full speed and still the 90° in game and 40-70 in the desktop

So should i reinstall the cooler and add a new thermal paste?

D

Deleted member 1560910

How old is it? Longevity isn't the strong suit of AIOs/CLCs.

How is it positioned in the chassis? A picture of the interior would be great - please remove side glass/acrylic panel, because reflections. [You can use imgur.com, postimages.org, or imgbb.com.]

Any overclocking?
Eventually those AIO run out of water. It sounds like to me something isnt seated right

D

Deleted member 1560910

Thank you man , the cooler instalation looks completly fine and both fans are working full speed and still the 90° in game and 40-70 in the desktop

Reinstall and read the instructions and why not watch a video how to apply thermal paste

Reactions: Classy666

40-70 is a quite big range. It tells me you measured it on 'normal' load level, not 'idle'. If you had idle temps of 70C it would be a sign of trouble.
Reinstall never hurts in such scenario. But make sure to take a look at old paste - if it's properly distributed or shows signs of wear (that part only matters if cooler was installed for some time). If the paste is applied correctly and looks fine then reinstalling probably won't help (but you can't know this before you remove the cooler). As noted by other posters this could mean problem with cooler.

Reactions: Classy666

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Reinstall and read the instructions and why not watch a video how to apply thermal paste

i just replaced thermal paste , and installed everything properly ,so the temp droped down to 40-58c idle on desktop but in game its still 79-93c
so i have OC option on with XMP in the bios im running it on 4.5ghz on desktop now

cpu 2 years of usage , cooler 7 months of usage

so i think the water block has less water idk cuz its my first time using liquid cooling so if u guys know any program to increase fan speed let me know pls and btw thank u sm for the replies

youtube short showing...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSaywA1THe0

D

Deleted member 1560910

Honestly if it was me if i couldnt get thsoe temps down i would just put back stock cooler and run it at stock. I dont know whats wrong because im not there but if i had to take a stab at it i would say improper install or faulty unit

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Honestly if it was me if i couldnt get thsoe temps down i would just put back stock cooler and run it at stock. I dont know whats wrong because im not there but if i had to take a stab at it i would say improper install or faulty unit
i think i should put it back to stock mode with no OC no XMP and let it run
OR
get a stock cooler from a friend and test it out

D

Deleted member 1560910

i think i should put it back to stock mode with no OC no XMP and let it run
OR
get a stock cooler from a friend and test it out
After looking at your system more closely. The AIO in my opinion looks like its stretching further then it should. There should be more of a dip with the tubing.
I would first put it back at stock settings and see where you are with temps while you wait for your frind to bring over a stock cooler

I just had to remove my AIO on my system and drop my OC because of a cooler issue. Honestly if you are playing games CPU OC isnt giving you that much in game

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
After looking at your system more closely. The AIO in my opinion looks like its stretching further then it should. There should be more of a dip with the tubing.
I would first put it back at stock settings and see where you are with temps while you wait for your frind to bring over a stock cooler

I just had to remove my AIO on my system and drop my OC because of a cooler issue. Honestly if you are playing games CPU OC isnt giving you that much in game
Im gonna have to look up AIO first cuz idk what it means

Now that you put up the video I can tell your cooler is indeed set up incorrectly. The tubes enter the radiator at the highest point of the whole setup - and they are sucking air instead of water there (because air goes to the top). You have to reverse radiator position so the tubes are on the bottom (or put the radiator on the top of case if possible set to exhaust and add 2 intake fans to front).

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Now that you put up the video I can tell your cooler is indeed set up incorrectly. The tubes enter the radiator at the highest point of the whole setup - and they are sucking air instead of water there (because air goes to the top). You have to reverse radiator position so the tubes are on the bottom (or put the radiator on the top of case if possible set to exhaust and add 2 intake fans to front).
I understand what do u mean , but i cant scruw the cooler fans on top of the case also the bottom , cuz i have no screw holes up top, i do at the bottom but it couldnt reach it cuz the gpu was in the way x(
View: https://youtu.be/BeJIxB9dOXA

Last edited:
Nah, you misunderstood me. Radiator should stay where it is - you just need to rotate it so tubes are connected to the bottom of the radiator instead of to the top. The tubes might still be too short for that but that's correct position.

Solution

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
I dont think it would fit like that , and also the power/led cables will not reach the back of the case
But im just guessing ,i will try later
Thank you

Update:
View: https://youtu.be/BeJIxB9dOXA

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i just replaced thermal paste , and installed everything properly ,so the temp droped down to 40-58c idle on desktop but in game its still 79-93c
so i have OC option on with XMP in the bios im running it on 4.5ghz on desktop now

cpu 2 years of usage , cooler 7 months of usage

so i think the water block has less water idk cuz its my first time using liquid cooling so if u guys know any program to increase fan speed let me know pls and btw thank u sm for the replies

youtube short showing...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSaywA1THe0
Hey, umm... so you might have done this because of the fan LEDs... but you have the fans on the radiator backwards.

Plus, from the looks of it, this chassis does NOT allow for top mounting the rad... that's where users run into this particular problem with front-installed-tubes-up-radiators:
Over time, as the liquid volume decreases, you end up with more air trapped in the inlet side of the radiator, which reduces liquid flow to a point where the new thermals can't be ignored - it also tends to make more noise because of the air.
You are then forced to either install the radiator at the top, which does not appear to be possible here, or replace the cooler before it's actually had the chance to fail on you.