[SOLVED] CPU temp stuck at one temperature readout

danielyurko

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Hi all,
Yesterday I changed the orientation of my NZXT Kraken X63 CPU cooler since I had installed it incorrectly when I first got it. I decided to check the CAM software (something I don't do often) and noticed the temperature readout was stuck at 50 C or so. Not changing at all. I fired up AIDA64 to put some load on the CPU and the temperature was exactly the same, even under 100% load. AIDA's readout was also the same. Obviously this can't be right. I tried switching USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard, have tried both CPU_OPT and CPU_FAN headers for my pump, and reinstalled software multiple times to no avail. I'm struggling to pinpoint the cause of this problem and would love some pointers. Thank you all in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600X in an AORUS X570 Elite WiFi motherboard. The BIOS seems to read out CPU temperature fine, on bootup it reads out around 45-48 and then drops to the low 30s. But once I'm in the OS, no program will seem to give me a proper readout.

Last edited:
Solution
you can try installing or re-installing your motherboard's latest software & drivers.

if it turns out to be a problem with Windows allowing proper detection by 3rd party stat applications
you may need to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.

Good recommendation. It took some work but I managed to update my BIOS to version F33g, thanks for you input.

danielyurko

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
you can try installing or re-installing your motherboard's latest software & drivers.

if it turns out to be a problem with Windows allowing proper detection by 3rd party stat applications
you may need to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.

Good recommendation. It took some work but I managed to update my BIOS to version F33g, thanks for you input.

Solution