Question Cpu temp too high need help!

Chadderbox604

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Here is my build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tLxfQZ (I have the stock wraith cpu cooler)

On most any game my cpu is hitting the 70s, an area I have not been accustomed to with my old build.
Currently I have two 120s sucking cold air into the case from the front, a fan on the back pushing hot air out, the 2x gpu fans facing downwards towards the power supply and the power supply fan facing upwards.

I can fit another 120 mm fan on the front, and I am -supposed to- be able to mount a 120 on the top (though I know it would be a super tight fit if it fit at all).
What would be a reasonable air cooling alternative to the stock wraith cpu cooler and / or case fans that would decrease my overall temp?

I would try and change the speed of your fans via motherboard bios by changing the RPM speed because my cooler was at slow speed did not notice my gta 5 was running at 70-80 temperature changed the speed and now running between 50-60

Also With two big fans bringing in air and small fan putting out air the case will become more hotter because there not enough fans lettings the air out. Heat travels up so if you can get fans on the top blowing hot air out then your computer can cool down.

Chadderbox604

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
I had mine set to smart adjustment of fans. Is it worth setting it on manual and adjusting the curve?
Also, I was looking at changing to rgb fans, would it be a significant difference in temps adding the fan to the top?

May 2, 2019
For long-term use, you're much better off keeping things below 80°C in general and only pushing up to 85°C at the most . It's the general rule for CPU's , i got mine at 70 in games , my last one cpu went up to 85 and it was still working just fine ... at 70 you should be safe - just make sure you check on it now end then.
I got 1x 120mm fan bringing air OUT of the case and it keeps it at 70*C which i consider - at full load - super safe , i also keep the top of the case ( where the 2 fans would go open - it helps a lot the airflow).
Your old build may have had liquid cooling or something ... ? Because on air full load 6core 12 thread 70*C is good :)

Chadderbox604

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
My old build was significantly weaker in overall performance.
I have decided to still add the additional fan to the top (if it should fit) and a 3rd 120mm to the front.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions! Much appreciated! :)