[SOLVED] CPU temp too high.

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
My 8700k temp just went too high those days with corsair h115i. Whenever I play games, the temperature will be above 90 degree easily even with 3000 RPM on pump and 1500 RPM on fans. It went about 100 degree when I watch streaming when the pump is on 2000 RPM and fans 800 RPM. The cooler temperature stay around 55 degree mostly. When the CPU became hot, the top right of the radiator is hot, but others are pretty cool. I have been using this cooler 2 and half years, so what could be the problem thermal paste or cooler itself? Thanks.

Solution
As was said earlier, if there's a chunk of whatever floating around inside, you could end up shaking it every 5 minutes because that chunk of whatever will sooner or later go right back around and clog up again.

There's a failure in the loop or pump or coolant. You have 2 options, same 2 as you'll get with ANY failure of any component. Rma for warranty repair or replace.

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Yes it's fine to shake, but be careful of the tubing, you don't want to torque the fittings or stress them.

What red light where?
Do you think if shaking can solve this problem or not? at this time during the covid-19 return and repair ganna take too long for me(2-3 weeks maybe?), I have no other computer to use. I will need to buy a thermal paste for reinstall after fixing if it works. Otherwise, I have to buy a new cooler and my money on thermal paste ganna be wasted o(╥﹏╥)o. Thanks.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
As was said earlier, if there's a chunk of whatever floating around inside, you could end up shaking it every 5 minutes because that chunk of whatever will sooner or later go right back around and clog up again.

There's a failure in the loop or pump or coolant. You have 2 options, same 2 as you'll get with ANY failure of any component. Rma for warranty repair or replace.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution