CPU Temp

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
I was wondering if 150'o F is to high for a cpu? Its an AMD-K6-2

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't think it will fry it very quickly, but I'd cool it down a bit. Also, try posting your temps in Celcius as that's the "worldwide" measurement prefered by geeks.

I'd get an Athlon/Duron/PIII/Celeron type cooler (aka SocketA/Socket370). Even a small cooler of this "universal" type is better than available Socket 7 coolers, and they DO fit.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I know, I subtracted 32 and multiplied by 5/9

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, even in the US, degrees F doesn't cut it for cpu/system temps. Weird how that works. 65C is high though, especially if it's a socket temp lower than actual core temp.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt