[SOLVED] Cpu temp

Sep 8, 2020
Hello, i have a problem with my pc. In bios theres a game boost option and it boost my game fine, but it gives me high temperatures on my cpu, and causes my pc to crash during gameplay. So i took game boost of but then my frames are dropping a lot in games such as csgo. One minute im at 250 and the next im at 80. So, the question is does anyone know how i can boost my pc without getting high temperatures. Also, my spec are really good, i don’t understand why i have to boost my pc just for me to get over 200 fps even when all my settings in cs is low. My graphics card is the Nvidia gtx 1660 super. My motherboard is the B450 Tomahawk Max. Cpu is the amd ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor.

Solution
I assume your using the Wraith Stealth cooler which is really only good for all core max of 3.6GHz and no boost.
I recommend an upgrade to a twin rad top mounted 120mm AIO Water cooler.
Sep 8, 2020
What is your CPU cooler.? You may need a more substantial unit.
Also list your system specs.
CSGO is CPU intensive so better performance relies on core boost performance.
Hello, i have a problem with my pc. In bios theres a game boost option and it boost my game fine, but it gives me high temperatures on my cpu, and causes my pc to crash during gameplay. So i took game boost of but then my frames are dropping a lot in games such as csgo. One minute im at 250 and the next im at 80. So, the question is does anyone know how i can boost my pc without getting high temperatures. Also, my spec are really good, i don’t understand why i have to boost my pc just for me to get over 200 fps even when all my settings in cs is low. My graphics card is the Nvidia gtx 1660 super. My motherboard is the B450 Tomahawk Max. Cpu is the amd ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/98h2Gc
these are my parts.

Sep 8, 2020
I assume your using the Wraith Stealth cooler which is really only good for all core max of 3.6GHz and no boost.
So isn’t my pc good to run csgo at least at 300 fps without the boost? Also, i used the fan that came with the processor idk nothing about no cooler.

Sep 8, 2020
Thats the tho
And turn off the boost on that cpu until you get better cooling. At stock that 3600 is almost as fast as an i7 8700 if memory serves. I have one myself and it handles everything pretty well so far at stock.
I cant play csgo without the boost even when im not streaming im getting bad fps.

Sep 8, 2020
Al
also wt do u think the best cooler for me to get when overclocking. My price range is 50-90. A cooler that’ll give me cpu temps at least @ 58-65 when oc.