[SOLVED] CPU temperature 90degrees

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
well..i've a core i7-3770K and it gets really hot when i am playing video games liek apex/Rust etc..the temp keeps raising till it reaches 85-90degrees so i don't know if that is normal temperature for that CPU or is it overheating..i've 2fans in front of the PC case and 1radiotor with a pump (liquid cooling) from asetek

PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K -Not overclocked
GPU: Nvidia geforce GTX 1660 (Gigabyte)
RAM: 16GB
Windows: 10 x64

gtkPMe4.png

Solution
I couldn't tell you about Gamdias, because they have a small presence here in the US.
Cooler Master, yeah, they're popular, but I think they're asking a bit much for that Hyper 212(750EGP) that's listed. That's like 160-230EGP more than what it would normally go for in the US.
Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT and the like are going to be expensive(import taxes and whatnot), almost forcing you and your fellow citizens to look at other brands.

that is why i was thinking about the liquid coolers as i think they are better at cooling other than normal air coolers?
In most situations, a good hybrid cooler is going to 'beat' a good air cooler. But there are good and bad hybrid coolers just like there are good and bad air coolers.
120mm...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Need to provide more info to make this less of a guessing game...
Make and model of this cooler?
Make and model of the chassis?
Fan position is correct? Just for reference:
iu

iu
How long has this cooler been in use?
Where is the radiator located?
If there was a plastic sticker present on the cold plate, it was removed?
Pump speed is maxed out? Depending on the model, this can be done in bios, or it requires software.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Need to provide more info to make this less of a guessing game...
Make and model of this cooler?
Make and model of the chassis?
Fan position is correct? Just for reference:
iu

iu
How long has this cooler been in use?
Where is the radiator located?
If there was a plastic sticker present on the cold plate, it was removed?
Pump speed is maxed out? Depending on the model, this can be done in bios, or it requires software.
i bought this PC as a whole from 5.5years so i am not the one who built it up
1-Cooler model is: Asetek 570LC
2-i don't know how to get it is model..is it written somewhere inside?
3-yes fans position are correct
4-with me..it has been used for over 5.5years now noting that i bought the PC from someone else which means that they used it too but i don't know for how long..possible 6years+
5-radiotor is located at the back of the case
6-is the cold plate the radiator because if it is then i think it is removed?not sure but i dont think it would be even there.i cant see any plastic there
7-No idea about that tbh..how can i check it?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2-i don't know how to get it is model..is it written somewhere inside?
I got it, thanks. I was able to look up the specs for the Asetek 570LC.

6-is the cold plate the radiator because if it is then i think it is removed?not sure but i dont think it would be even there.i cant see any plastic there
The cold plate is this:
iu

7-No idea about that tbh..how can i check it?
Motherboard's bios - know which header the pump power is plugged to - go to the menu, or tab where fan speeds can be seen/controlled. You should be able to see it too.

In the 5.5years this unit has been in use, it's been cleaned regularly, right?
The paste has been replaced at least once?

Most likely the pump is done. That's a pretty good run for these coolers.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
I got it, thanks. I was able to look up the specs for the Asetek 570LC.

The cold plate is this:
iu
checked it and there is no plastic there thanks for showing me it <3

Motherboard's bios - know which header the pump power is plugged to - go to the menu, or tab where fan speeds can be seen/controlled. You should be able to see it too.
I think this is it..are the numbers correct?
DtyFNeQ.jpg

In the 5.5years this unit has been in use, it's been cleaned regularly, right?
The paste has been replaced at least once?

Most likely the pump is done. That's a pretty good run for these coolers.
well i am not sure how long does these coolers can work for so i am not sure..i checked it and there are no leaks and i can feel the hotness in the radiator..i don't know if this is a good sign or does it mean it is still working or not?can you tell me how can i confirm if it is the problem or how can i make sure that it is working properly or it is dead?

what do you mean exactly by "it is been cleaned regularly" as all i did was using a blower to take the dust off that is it..is there anything that should have been done/changed?
and yes i've changed the theraml paste some months ago just to see if it was the cause of the problem but with no effect
also thank you soo much for trying to help me i really appreciate that <3

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I think this is it..are the numbers correct?
DtyFNeQ.jpg
You missed it by one tab. See the one that says Fan Speeds?

well i am not sure how long does these coolers can work for so i am not sure
It varies. Just know that they inevitably fail(mechanical/ biological/ chemical) and you'll have to replace it. With air coolers, it's usually fan failure, and those are easy enough to replace.

i checked it and there are no leaks and i can feel the hotness in the radiator..i don't know if this is a good sign or does it mean it is still working or not?can you tell me how can i confirm if it is the problem or how can i make sure that it is working properly or it is dead?
Actually, feel both of the tubes. They should feel close to one another in temperature. IF they don't, you have a flow problem.
After that, you need to confirm that the pump is running, via speed in bios(at least 2000rpm), and feeling the pump head for vibrations.
If that checks out, then there's likely a clog.

what do you mean exactly by "it is been cleaned regularly" as all i did was using a blower to take the dust off that is it..is there anything that should have been done/changed?
and yes i've changed the theraml paste some months ago just to see if it was the cause of the problem but with no effect
I was just checking.
Some users go a year or more without doing any kind of maintenance. If dust is allowed to build up, it can do damage by way of friction(think fan motors and bearings), or insulating heat(clogging radiators and heatsinks, for example).

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
You missed it by one tab. See the one that says Fan Speeds?

It varies. Just know that they inevitably fail(mechanical/ biological/ chemical) and you'll have to replace it. With air coolers, it's usually fan failure, and those are easy enough to replace.

Actually, feel both of the tubes. They should feel close to one another in temperature. IF they don't, you have a flow problem.
After that, you need to confirm that the pump is running, via speed in bios(at least 2000rpm), and feeling the pump head for vibrations.
If that checks out, then there's likely a clog.

I was just checking.
Some users go a year or more without doing any kind of maintenance. If dust is allowed to build up, it can do damage by way of friction(think fan motors and bearings), or insulating heat(clogging radiators and heatsinks, for example).
ops..i though i uploaded both pics w/e here it is:
USSCaEK.jpg

alright i will try testing it now and check if the pump/tubes are working properly
EDIT: yes both rubes and the radiotor have the same temp but i don't know the pump speed i think it is that in the CPU Header

Last edited:

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Probably new cooler time about 5 years is a good life for AIO's.
Changing the settings might help.
yeah but i mean i just wanna make sure it is the cooler because hardware here is soo expensive so i don't wanna change it is proved that it is the cooler who is not functioning well..also if i've to change it what cooler should i get?and do i've to get a liquid cooler or i can stick with a normal fan? room temp averages around 40 and can get up to 45.
Also what settings can i change which might help? thanks

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
i used to have intel's own fan.
if you can get that - that worked well for me.

also, there's this thread: Best CPU cooler for a LGA 1155 socket? | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)
i will try to check that..as i don't have the stock one as i stated above..i bought this from someone else

Provide the chassis make and model, so we can make recommendations within the clearance limits.

I would prefer to recommend an air cooler, but if you're ok with a liquid cooler inevitably dying on you a few years or so down the road, that's your choice.
well i don't know how to get the chassis make and model..can you tell me how do i get them? also i think i will stick with an air cooler as u say as these things are hella expensive out here in my country so i can't afford buying a liquid cooler for 1500pounds which even as u stated above may die within few weeks so yeah i would rather stick with a normal air cooler noting that i don't overclock and i don't really use the PC in heavy duty jobs ( only gaming)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Knowing what the chassis is will tell us what we can, and can't recommend in terms of size.
If you don't know the make and model, you're going to have to take some pictures of the front, top, and side(panel off, please), and post them here.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Knowing what the chassis is will tell us what we can, and can't recommend in terms of size.
If you don't know the make and model, you're going to have to take some pictures of the front, top, and side(panel off, please), and post them here.
Thanks for trying to help me <3
56fwooV.jpg

BVTGaMz.jpg

nJs4pUo.jpg

h2f9lAS.jpg

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Older Lian Li model.

From what I'm seeing, quite a few of their older chassis had the same dimensions for the metal shell.
In the picture of the back, that black and white sticker below the green one - the chassis model name is on there! it should be 'PC-something'.

Seeing the 120mm fan and radiator in the back, I doubt you can do larger than 160mm in there.

Last edited:

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Older Lian Li model.

From what I'm seeing, quite a few of their older chassis had the same dimensions for the metal shell.
In the picture of the back, that black and white sticker below the green one - the chassis model name is on there! it should be 'PC-something'.

Seeing the 120mm fan and radiator in the back, I doubt you can do larger than 160mm in there.
what do you think about the cooler master hyper 212 spectrum? i've checked some stores next to me and that is 120mm and the most popular there,will be it good for my core i7-3770K at stock? and what if i over clocked my CPU?? will it still be good? and about the maximum size i found was 140mm here near me for back of the case

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
and about the maximum size i found was 140mm here near me for back of the case
The rear can actually hold a 140mm fan? Then there's more room for an air cooler than I expected.

what do you think about the cooler master hyper 212 spectrum?
Should be fine for the cpu at stock - not overclocked though.
I had a Hyper 212 Evo on a 3570K. Couldn't push it too far on that cooler. I think I did 4.2-4.3ghz on that cpu - I don't remember too well.
The 3770K is a hyperthreaded cpu and will run warmer, so you won't be able to push it as far as the i5.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
The rear can actually hold a 140mm fan? Then there's more room for an air cooler than I expected.
Nah it is 120mm..i just expressed it wrong my bad

Should be fine for the cpu at stock - not overclocked though.
I had a Hyper 212 Evo on a 3570K. Couldn't push it too far on that cooler. I think I did 4.2-4.3ghz on that cpu - I don't remember too well.
The 3770K is a hyperthreaded cpu and will run warmer, so you won't be able to push it as far as the i5.
What temp will my CPU averages if i used that cooler? less than 70 i think right?
and do you have any recommendations for a cpu cooler than can work well with my core i7-3770K even if i overclocked it in the future? As i really don't know how to know if the cooler is gonna be good or not? thanks for your time

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What temp will my CPU averages if i used that cooler? less than 70 i think right?
That is just not possible to answer because of things like ambient temperatures, chassis airflow, fan speeds, power plans, etc.

and do you have any recommendations for a cpu cooler than can work well with my core i7-3770K even if i overclocked it in the future?
I can, but I need to be sure how big of a cooler can fit.
At the back of your PC, on the black and white sticker that's below the green one, what's the model number?
Lian Li seems to like using 'PC-something' names.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
That is just not possible to answer because of things like ambient temperatures, chassis airflow, fan speeds, power plans, etc.
Yeah but i mean i am having an average 90c right,i just dont wanna change the cooler and at the end the temp stays the same you know.

I can, but I need to be sure how big of a cooler can fit.
At the back of your PC, on the black and white sticker that's below the green one, what's the model number?
Lian Li seems to like using 'PC-something' names.
LIAN LI PC-8FI
i've searched it on google and i found that i can fit 120mm rear fan as you predicted above but there is a 140mm top fan hole which may be used i think

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah but i mean i am having an average 90c right,i just dont wanna change the cooler and at the end the temp stays the same you know.
The new cooler won't do that. The current cooler is pretty much busted.

LIAN LI PC-8FI
No success with finding a stated max cpu cooler height, but I did find one review that used a NH-U12P, and that cooler is 158mm tall.
There's a few pics in there with odd angles, but the limit looks to be borderline 160mm. So what's available for you, while still being affordable?
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Noctua NH-U12S Redux
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT
Vetroo V5

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
The new cooler won't do that. The current cooler is pretty much busted.

No success with finding a stated max cpu cooler height, but I did find one review that used a NH-U12P, and that cooler is 158mm tall.
There's a few pics in there with odd angles, but the limit looks to be borderline 160mm. So what's available for you, while still being affordable?
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Noctua NH-U12S Redux
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT
Vetroo V5
well i've searched for all the coolers you have stated above but there is no one selling these coolers here in egypt..i searched for online websites/facebook pages/stores and i couldn't find any of them..the only way to get one is by buying it internationally on amazon which will cost me triple the price and that will be expensive for me to be honest.
these are some coolers which are available in my country:
COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 SPECTRUM RGB CPU COOLER : 750EGP (which is the most common and it is price is kinda affordable)

ThermalTake UX100 ARGB : 300EGP

AORUS ATC800 CPU COOLER RGB : 1800EGP (but that is hella expensive for me)

Deepcool GAMMAXX L120 V2 RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler : 1000EGP (but it is a liquid cooler)

Xigmatek Aurora 120 120mm All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler with ARGB: 1000EGP (but it is a liquid cooler)

GAMDIAS BOREAS M1-610 CPU COOLER : 700EGP

Cooler Master Hyper H411R CPU Air Cooler : 500EGP

Gamdias BOREAS E1-410 ARGB CPU-Air Cooler : 675EGP

cpu cooler at Best Prices in Egypt, Discover Top Brands Like Cooler Master,Corsair,Msi | Souq.com

Shop All Products @ #1 Online Store - Enjoy Online Shopping @ Best Prices - Jumia Egypt

really sorry if that list is too long but these are almost all the coolers that is being sold here in egypt..and i really appreciate your time trying to help me i am so thankful.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
well i've searched for all the coolers you have stated above but there is no one selling these coolers here in egypt..i searched for online websites/facebook pages/stores and i couldn't find any of them..the only way to get one is by buying it internationally on amazon which will cost me triple the price and that will be expensive for me to be honest.
these are some coolers which are available in my country:
COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 SPECTRUM RGB CPU COOLER : 750EGP (which is the most common and it is price is kinda affordable)

ThermalTake UX100 ARGB : 300EGP

AORUS ATC800 CPU COOLER RGB : 1800EGP (but that is hella expensive for me)

Deepcool GAMMAXX L120 V2 RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler : 1000EGP (but it is a liquid cooler)

Xigmatek Aurora 120 120mm All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler with ARGB: 1000EGP (but it is a liquid cooler)

GAMDIAS BOREAS M1-610 CPU COOLER : 700EGP

Cooler Master Hyper H411R CPU Air Cooler : 500EGP

Gamdias BOREAS E1-410 ARGB CPU-Air Cooler : 675EGP

cpu cooler at Best Prices in Egypt, Discover Top Brands Like Cooler Master,Corsair,Msi | Souq.com

Shop All Products @ #1 Online Store - Enjoy Online Shopping @ Best Prices - Jumia Egypt

really sorry if that list is too long but these are almost all the coolers that is being sold here in egypt..and i really appreciate your time trying to help me i am so thankful.
My goodness, that price gap is huge; there's no in-between the cheap and expensive coolers. That's definitely hurting your options.
The most promising ones are the Gamdias Boreas M1-610 and the Aorus ATC800, but the latter is quite overkill for a 3770K.

TRENDING THREADS