[SOLVED] CPU temperature and usage goes high while watching Youtube videos

Apr 24, 2020
Dear all,

I've been using Thinkpad 13 (2nd Gen) for 2 years now, I'm happy with the performance. It's mostly for programming purpose, I can run multiple Docker containers, Chrome with multiple tabs, multiple projects running without slowing it down.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor 7th
CPU temperature: varies between 40c and 50c (normal usage)
Normal RAM usage: 4.5Gib / 8Gib

But, in the last 2 months, I noticed high temperature and CPU usage when opening a Youtube Video, the temperature goes up to 70c and CPU usage up to 3.50 GHz turbo and more than 50% of all cores.
I tried to disable "hardware acceleration" in Google Chrome's Setting but I didn't notice any changes, with Firefox I have the same issue :/

Do you experience the same issue? if Yes how to solve it?
If not, Could it be a hardware issue? or Software issues?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
could be the thermal paste needs replacing , most recommend a yearly thermal paste replacement , that and 2 cores in 2020 is a disaster waiting to happen
Apr 24, 2020
could be the thermal paste needs replacing , most recommend a yearly thermal paste replacement , that and 2 cores in 2020 is a disaster waiting to happen
Thanks for the answer.

Agreed 2 core is not enough these days.
But as a local dev environment is more than enough. I might need an upgrade this year because I have more Video Editing.

TRENDING THREADS