Question CPU Temperature Error with a new cooling

May 17, 2022
My pc was freezing rarely so I checked the cpu temps using core temp and it told me it was between 90-100° C. I thought it was the cooling system so I upgraded to an icue h115i elite capellix with the icue 4000x case. I'm still getting the issue, everything is cleaned and my cpu isn't overclocked. I'm not too sure what the issue is anymore.

Lafong

Respectable
I'd use another tool or two to measure temperatures. Any single tool can be bogus.

Are you absolutely locked into the idea of liquid cooling?

What CPU, what case, what case fans, what motherboard?

May 17, 2022
I'd use another tool or two to measure temperatures. Any single tool can be bogus.

Are you absolutely locked into the idea of liquid cooling?

What CPU, what case, what case fans, what motherboard?
I've used the iCUE one too, it's been giving me the same results along with when I've checked in the bios. They're all telling me 85-100 now.

I am atm, I do want to keep it liquid cooled but if worse comes to worse I'll switch.

I have an i7-8700k, default 3x corsair 280mm fans that came with the case and then 2x cooler fans, my mobo is asus rog maximus x hero

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check one item in iCUE. It has options to set the speed of the PUMP part of that system. Ensure the pump is running full speed all the time to help move heat to the rad.

Then consider whether your rad fan "fan curve" is set to allow max use of the fans at higher temperatures.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS