Question CPU temperature fluctuations (R5 3600x)

oldcracc

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
My CPU temps are fluctuating from 75C-95C under low usage, like 10% usage. My CPU cooler is an NZXT Kraken M22... I'm not really sure what the issue is the only thing I can think of is trying to re-paste the CPU, but is there anything else I should explore other than jumping to re-pasting the CPU, since that's gonna take me some time that I don't really have ATM. The temps according to GPU-Z goes from 76 then jumps to the 80s, then goes into the 90s before dropping back down and starting all over again. What could even be the issue? I get the same CPU temp readings in NZXT Cam as well.

kurdtnz

Prominent
Feb 24, 2020
Under low usage, that's definitely not normal, especially with that cooler. I have the same cpu and only use a air tower cooler and never reach those kind of temps. Unfortunately I can only suggest what you have already, it really sounds like that can be the only issue.

oldcracc

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
Is the header that the M22 plugged into set to PWM mode?

Pump speed maxed out in CAM?
Fan speed is maxed, but doesn't say anything about pump speed, it might say in the cooling sub-category, but it says "no supported cooling devices found", but it detects the M22 in lighting.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS