Apr 2, 2015
CPU: Intel 7-4770
Video-card: Geforce 1070 8G
Ram: 32 G
Motherboard: Asus B85-plus

Playing Assasins Creed Origin gives CPU temperature 50 degrees, GPU 65 degrees
Playing Final Fantasy XV gives CPU temperature gives 42 degrees, GPU 60 degrees
both on medium settings

Prime 95 v26.6 torture test gives CPU 50 degrees, prime 95 29.4 build 7 gives CPU 60 degrees on torture test

Furmark gives on several tests a GPU temperature of 60-65 degrees

Idle CPU temperature is 33 degrees, GPU 44 degrees in a room that is at the moment 26 degrees hot( all tests were done in the same room with the same warmth)

Just want to know fore sure these results are quiet ok?

Greetings,
Guido

aswindamara

Upstanding
Mar 16, 2018
It's Fine. Your CPU and GPU Much Cooler than others :)
Look at the Product's Website, then Look at Tjunction, that was your Maximum Temperature, But I suggest you to Keep it 20-25 degrees under TJunction :).

The temps in most cases are perfect, with one caveat. You need to run Prime 95 on small FFT's only to fully stress your CPU. That stresses the CPU and cache only. I'd expect your stress temps to be higher than you mentioned. Don't be alarmed if the temps get up to the 70's/80's with small fft's. This is normal. As long as it doesn't go over 80c or so it will be fine.

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

Tjunction is 100 degrees :)

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

I did what you said with the two versions mentioned above, each for 45 minutes and the oldest version gave 50 degrees max, the other 56 degrees max, I think that's very fine.

I think that's very fine too! In fact, maybe too fine. Ill be honest I can't hardly believe it but will take your word. Anyway, Superman must be blowing on it, or else you have an excellent cooler :) I just can't see any full stress temp being 30-35c over ambient! That's excellent! Is it a watercooler?

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Yesterday I replaced the cooling on the processor because with Assasins Creed Origins the CPU temperature went to 70 degrees. The cooler I placed is a Noctua NH-U14S and I'm quit happy about it :)

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

Sorry for not being clear. AC 70 was with the old cooler :) And a stresstest with the old cooler went easy to 70.

With the Noctua my cores don't go crazy as some months ago :)
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3535535/cpu-cores-normal-temperature.html

Ah, okay! No worries. Well, anyway, your temps are okay and within parameters. I'd watch how you test stuff, and make sure to use Prime 95 on small fft's for CPU voltage, stability and max temps. They are the three key things. You may be able to under volt the CPU to further reduce temps. Just test as you do so you know it's stable.

Good luck :)

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

Somehow I'm not quit sure I did this Prime test good when you say it's like Superman blowing in my PC :)

So to be 100% sure I made a screenshot of Prime and you can say what values are best, when you mentioned small FTT I ticked the first box next to FTT and than pressed ok. And is there a particular time I have to run this test(like a day?) because on this website in some articles was said 10-15min is long enough to see if your systeem has problems or not.

prime.jpg

So it's the one at the top, Small FFT's. This is the one for testing voltage stability, and give you an idea of your max temps. Knowing your max temp for a given voltage is very important for OC (but you're not OC'ing). Small FFT's will automatically load up one worker thread for each of your CPU's cores/threads. Just watch the temps. They will rise. But it's better knowing that, so you can judge your temps better. If you get to 80c+ cancel the workers (Prime) and then you need to look at getting another cooler to keep temps below 80c. 80c would be considered max temps for a 24/7 usage by many. Any higher than that and modern CPU's will begin to throttle if they get too hot.

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

I did the Aida Extreme test with the stress CPU, FPU and GPU boxes ticked on, run it for half an hour and CPU temerature did not go above 70, GPU not above 65

With only the CPU box ticked on temperature does not go above 55 degrees.

Prime version v26.6 gives the same degrees, 55, for the CPU

The latest Prime version gives immediately 74 degrees as temperature but I did read somewhere this one is not good for Haswell CPU so I turned it of after 5min

I think my PC is ok and when I play games at medium settings and not the highest resolution I think I will have some years of fun :)

Guido Pa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015

I did the Aida Extreme test with the stress CPU, FPU and GPU boxes ticked on, run it for half an hour and CPU temerature did not go above 70, GPU not above 65

With only the CPU box ticked on temperature does not go above 55 degrees.

Prime version v26.6 gives the same degrees, 55, for the CPU

The latest Prime version gives immediately 74 degrees as temperature but I did read somewhere this one is not good for Haswell CPU so I turned it of after 5min

I think my PC is ok and when I play games at medium settings and not the highest resolution I think I will have some years of fun :)