Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I recently bought a PC off of a friend, the parts are:
GTX 970 Evga
17 4770k
z97 asus sabertooth
ect
My CPU Cooler is a Corsair H100i Water Cooler

but the problem is even whenever Im playing non graphical intense games my cpu gets to 70C+
Is there something wrong with my Water Cooler? Im new to the PC World but what I noticed in my case is that there is a fan in the back above my power supply that never spins. Please Help

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
that temp isnt dangerous for that CPU, as long as it stay below 80 at stress you will be fine. did you apply thermal paste onto the CPU when you installed the cooler? is the radiator of your cooler blowing out hot air? if so then it is working.

how many fans does your case have? if the fan thats not spinning is the only exhaust fan in the case, then this will be overheating your PC and you need to turn it on. please describe the fan.

Cmill12345

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015

I get above 80 on many games, I bought it from a friend so I do not know if he applied thermal paster, The radiator fan is blowing out air when its under stress it is hot but normal use it is cool, My case has 2 fans one on the top(which is that one that spins) and one in the back by my hdmi and DVI ports. That fan in the back never spins

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
ok, by the sounds of it your cooler is working and you have one intake fan working on the top but the exhaust fan at the back isnt working, this will be increasing all of your temps significantly.

open the case and put your hand in on the inside in front of the fan thats working to check that its an intake fan (air will blow on your hand more that side, into the case)

then look at the fan that isnt working and follow the wire that comes out of it, it should be plugged into the motherboard somewhere. is it?

UPDATE do not touch any part of inside the PC while it is switched on ;)

Cmill12345

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015

I just found something out that is kind of interesting, I looked up Corsair H100i installations and their is a software download called Corsair Link and it automatically detects Corsair Devices, it found every device in my PC GPU, CPU, FAN, but Not my Corsair H100i, and in the Youtube video im watching the Corsair h100i comes on his. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDkNMElTaao&feature=youtu.be

shoe59

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Maybe something loosened up while transporting it -- possibly the plug for that exhaust fan. Make sure it's plugged in correctly (POWER OFF PC and unplug before touching components).

2nd thing I can think of -- I recently read about someone's H100i that was transported, and an air bubble got stuck in the pump. He fixed it by lightly tapping the pump to knock the air bubble loose (and his temps were back to normal after doing this).

Where is your radiator mounted? What type of fan software is already on the PC (may have to ask your friend what he used to control the fans)? Corsair Link software is bad, and you would be better off using something else -- AI Suite II or III if it's on your PC already.