Question CPU temperature graph spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2019
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my hardware, i installed a aorus x470 ultra gaming motherboard, with a ryzen 5 3600 and a dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler. I wanted to check if everything was cooling decent and if everything was ok, and i saw some weird little spikes in my cpu temperatures. the temperature doesn't spike very high but i was wondering if this is problematic or if maybe this has something to do with the cooler not being installed properly.

I did some benchmark tests and with performancetest the temp goes to max 72°C the cinebench R20 the temperature at start spiked to 76°C and then went back to 72°C and it stays there with all 6cores 12 threads at 100% usage.

are these normal temperatures? the spikes i was talking about are attached in the image.

Thanks in advance!

Yente

cpu graph

endr60

Prominent
Jun 13, 2018
Spikes and dips of a few degrees is perfectly normal

Sorry for the slight necro, but, my processor's temperature spikes up from 42 to around 50 when idling. The spiking is pretty constant over half an hour, is that considered within "a few degrees"?
The spikes also happen while using it to game or browse the web or whatever.

If it matters, I have an Asus FX505DT with Ryzen 5 3550H, 8GB RAM, GTX 1650.

:)

Sorry for the slight necro, but, my processor's temperature spikes up from 42 to around 50 when idling. The spiking is pretty constant over half an hour, is that considered within "a few degrees"?
The spikes also happen while using it to game or browse the web or whatever.

If it matters, I have an Asus FX505DT with Ryzen 5 3550H, 8GB RAM, GTX 1650.

:)
Completely normal.

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my hardware, i installed a aorus x470 ultra gaming motherboard, with a ryzen 5 3600 and a dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler. I wanted to check if everything was cooling decent and if everything was ok, and i saw some weird little spikes in my cpu temperatures. the temperature doesn't spike very high but i was wondering if this is problematic or if maybe this has something to do with the cooler not being installed properly.

I did some benchmark tests and with performancetest the temp goes to max 72°C the cinebench R20 the temperature at start spiked to 76°C and then went back to 72°C and it stays there with all 6cores 12 threads at 100% usage.

are these normal temperatures? the spikes i was talking about are attached in the image.

Thanks in advance!

Yente

cpu graph

Normal.

Ryzen constantly works to balance Temp, Voltage, and clock speed...fluctuations in all three are completely normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.