CPU Temperature Help!?

ThaR0ckK0nducta

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Hello, recently my CPU has been getting temperatures of 30C - 40C when idle and 50C - 60C when gaming and when rendering using programs like Sony Vegas can hit close to 70C. Temperatures have never really happened like this. Take into consideration that I've had the CPU for almost three years now thermal paste have since been applied recently and it's also still summer time! The CPU is an Intel i3 4170 dual core @ 3.7ghz

Solution
look rendering can be just as intensive as gaming so your computer should be fine and its well within the safe temprature range. you can start getting worried when it reaches 80-90c

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
parani is right however if the temperatures are unusually high your it might be because your thermal paste is drying up. if temperatures continue to rise it could be the thermal paste you applied recently. hopefully they were the same or similar to each other

ThaR0ckK0nducta

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
The thermal paste that I applied is artic mx-4 what thermal paste was put on the CPU when i got the pc (pre-built) I have no idea, i put that on a few days ago. Temperatures remain the same! I mean I don't mind getting temps like this when gaming. My main concern is getting temps at like 70C when rendering.

TRENDING THREADS