Question CPU Temperature High?

AdamantPearce

Honorable
Feb 7, 2015
Hi, I have recently built my PC and one thing I have noticed is the CPU temperatures are high (well I think they are.) I have got a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x with the stock Wraith Prism Cooler (I do plan to upgrade soon). For example, when I'm just browsing the web and downloading games the CPU temperature goes up to 60-70 degrees and that then causes the fan to be really loud and a bit annoying. Even when I'm just watching Youtube, I will constantly just be hearing the CPU fan changing speeds all the time due to the CPU temperature. I was wondering if this is normal for a stock cooler or there is something wrong? Maybe my fan curves in my BIOS for my CPU cooler? Any help is appreciate!

Thanks!

AdamantPearce

Honorable
Feb 7, 2015
60c is way to high for simple browsing even with a stock cooler, lets see.... thermal paste issue?, cooler seated properly?, hot spots in case?, whats your fan setup like?
The thermal paste was pre-applied to the cooler so I didn't really do much apart from just install the cooler normally. In terms of fan setup, I have 2 140mm intake fans at the front of my case and 1 120mm exhaust fan at the back.

woot

Distinguished
get a better cooler, for example i have a coolermaster hyper 212x turbo, its heatsink is sandwiched between two fans, one intake, one exhaust, i have a intake fan on the top of my case that blows cold air straight into the intake fan of the cpu cooler, while the exhaust fan on the top back of the case sucks the hot air out of the cpu cooler exhaust fan, max temp 55-57c during sustained gaming.

woot

Distinguished
Do you think it could be due to my CPU fan curves in my BIOS? From my head, I believe my starting curve is 30 degrees is 30% fan speed, 40 degrees 60%, 50 degrees 80% and 60 degrees 100%.
to be honest i never tinkered around with cpu fan curves, but i never had issues with cpu temps, i figure stock curve should be good enough to maintain normal temps

AdamantPearce

Honorable
Feb 7, 2015
to be honest i never tinkered around with cpu fan curves, but i never had issues with cpu temps, i figure stock curve should be good enough to maintain normal temps
Its strange, I'm in a game of Overwatch now and my CPU temps are around 60-70, almost the same for idling. I really don't understand how its the same in a game then idling.