CPU temperature is 45* C when idle

suttoni

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello all! I just recently put together a computer with an Intel core i5 2500k and when I entered the BIOS the CPU temp rose from 38* to around 44-45* and levelled off. I installed a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 originally because I knew I was going to overclock and I needed a beefier, better cooler than the stock one. My question is this, could I have just installed the cooler wrong? The only thing I can think of doing wrong was the thermal paste, but I've tried varying amounts to almost no avail. I've gone from a tad less than pea sized, to pea sized, to a bit more than pea sized and the temps all remained the same.

Both CPU fans are in the right direction and my case has four different fans as well. I've got good cable management and good airflow throughout the case. So is it a problem with the cooler or motherboard? Thanks for the help!

Solution
Whats your Mobo, case, fan setup and load temp?
Try and see if the cooler is planted solidly and doesn't wiggle.

45c is a bit high for a 2500K if you're in an ACed room.

suttoni

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Sorry, forgot to mention that it is a Intel core i5 2500K. My room temp is cool. Don't know the exact, but since I live in FL where it's been an easy 99* F daily I've kept my room at around 75* F

suttoni

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
MSI P67S-C43 B3 is my motherboard. Case has one front 120mm fan, one rear 120mm fan one top 120mm fan and one side 180mm fan. Haven't tried load yet cuz I haven't put the OS on it yet.

TRENDING THREADS