Question CPU Temperature is high error

Oct 14, 2019
I have been using Intel Core i5 3.5Ghz (4th Gen), Asus Z97 pro MB, Kingston Ram 8GB 1.6K Hz along with Asus GPU 960 Gtx. I have recently installed a new smps- Corsair vs650 Watt and suddenly the CPU temperature shot up to 88 degree Celsius and it is giving high temperature error. My desktop has only 2 extra fans.

I have observed closely my CPU fan is rotating fine at 2000+ rpm.

I am not sure what to do. Can somebody please throw some light about possible CPU temperature shot up and how to resolve it.

Oct 14, 2019
What are you using to measure temps, did it get affected by the recent Windows update, have you bumped/rocked/moved the pc at all recently, when was it's last good dusting out, when was the last time the cpu cooler was repaste?
Thanks for the reply. I am using Asus Bios software to measure the temperature. Both at start and during Bios setup mode it is showing cpu high temperature error. I have just changed the smps from 450 Watt to 650 watt. It is all clean from dust and it has not bumped or rocked.

Though I have never pasted repasted CPU cooler. But do you think repasting the CPU cooler would decrease the temperature by 40 degree Celsius plus??

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Paste can often be just like caulking, it's fine and good if left alone, but it doesn't take much to break the seal on old paste and once that happens, it never sticks right again. Just snapping a fan on/off it all it takes, the smallest bump

Oct 14, 2019
Paste can often be just like caulking, it's fine and good if left alone, but it doesn't take much to break the seal on old paste and once that happens, it never sticks right again. Just snapping a fan on/off it all it takes, the smallest bump
Ok let me try then repasting it again, I hope it would bring down the temperature drastically. I will keep you posted and once again , thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS