CPU Temperature Monitoring Query

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Hi All
I am currently running a Asus H81M-PLUS motherboard with a i5-4570S CPU, and I've been stress testing my CPU as I'm interested to see what temperatures I'm getting. I've run separate 30 minute stress tests using RealTemp, HWMonitor and Asus AI Suite 3 to keep an eye on temperatures. Thing is I seem to get three different temperature readings for all three monitors. The maximum for each is as follow:
RealTemp - 68'C
HWMonitor - 72'C
AI Suite 3 - 47'C
RealTemp and HWMonitor seem to give very similar results, but AI Suite, which I assumed would be the more accurate, is way off the others. Just wondering if anyone knows which of these temperature monitoring methods give the most reliable results, and whether there are any other more trusted temperature monitoring utilities that can be used?
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Are you running all three apps at the same time? See if the results are the same when running stand alone? You may want to corroborate the temperature readings with what you see in BIOS. I know that AI Suite with some apps tend to have some bizarre readings.

You can also try out Speedfan or NZXT's Cam but I tend to stick with what comes bundled with the system and cross reference what I see on HWMonitor and BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you running all three apps at the same time? See if the results are the same when running stand alone? You may want to corroborate the temperature readings with what you see in BIOS. I know that AI Suite with some apps tend to have some bizarre readings.

You can also try out Speedfan or NZXT's Cam but I tend to stick with what comes bundled with the system and cross reference what I see on HWMonitor and BIOS.

Solution

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Cheers for the replies guys, much appreciated.
I did each temperature monitor during separate stress tests, I'll definitely use the suggestions and links provided to see what I can find out.
I would select each answer as best solution, but unfortunately I can't do that, but so you know I am grateful for your help.

TRENDING THREADS