Cpu temperature problems

conrg88

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hi there my amd 860k temps are insanely high heres a pic:
http://imgur.com/mJ0r8Dh
now my computer isn't running that fast either when starting up stuff etc and I don't think I should be getting the fps i am getting when in game so opened up my side panel to maybe cool it down but it didn't help, ill post pics of what my pc looks like inside if needed but yeah the cable management isn't that great but there is none in the way of the cpu, any help is much appreciated.
Full specs:
r9 270
amd 860k
4gb ram
fm2+ mobo
WD Caviar blue hdd
also if this would be any help but doubt very much because all my other components are cool, the front fan aint on because i couldn't install it there was no pins for it to fit into on the mobo.

ExtreamChaozZ

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
Looking at the sheet, your temperatures are fine, 30c at idle is normal. If your pc is dusty inside then I would suggest getting a pressurised air can to blow the dust out, as dust can make your pc run warmer. I would run a few programs such as cclean and run a defrag as the pc could just be slow as background tasks are performing such as cookies. If non of that works then let me know. Hope this helps a little :)

ExtreamChaozZ

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
ah I see, sorry I was looking at the wrong area. ok well that could be because of a few things. the first being that the thermal compound between the cpu cooler and cpu could need reapplying as after a long time it starts to become hard and stops doing its job. I would suggest taking off your cpu cooler and then cleaning the thermal compound off the cpu and cpu block with rubbing alcohol and then get some better thermal paste if you haven't got any such as ic7 diamond, it is a bit pricy but it is very good and one of the best out there in my eyes. some other paste will do just fine though. Once you have done this I would check your temperatures again and run some programs such as prime95 to test the cpu. only do that if you have low idle temps you don't want your cpu going above 100c otherwise it will start to thermal throttle and can damage the cpu. If you are having trouble reapplying the thermal paste just look it up on youtube there are many tutorials. if this doesn't work then get back to me :)

TRENDING THREADS