CPU temperature spike

Dec 29, 2018
Hi guys, I just have a problem about my cpu, I recently built my desktop 1 2 months ago, just yesterday, I shut down my pc after 8 hours straight gaming, I turned it on again after 1 hour and I my cpu's temp is increasing immediately upto 102°c from it's 30°c before. It shuts down itself seconds after the welcome screen. I tried removing the cpu, replaced the thermal paste. I would greatly appreciate your feedback guys. Thanks

Specs:
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus
Cpu cooler: nzxt m22 liquid cooler
Ram: ballistix sport 8gb 2666 ddr4
PSU: evga 1000w g3
Gpu: sapphire nitro+ radeon rx580 8gb ddr5 special edition
SATA's: 2tb hdd barracuda , 240 gb kingston ssd
Fans: 3 corsair case fans, 2 exhaust 2 intakes ( radiator intake )

Solution
I think that if you replaced the paste...and if the heat exchanger is snug....that either your pump is not pumping...or you have some sort of obstruction in the flow or the fans aren't spinning on the radiator.
Dec 29, 2018

Dec 29, 2018

Hey Jay32267, while waiting for answers, I changed the cpu cooler to it's stock amd and temperature dropped, I didn't thought that it was the liquid cooler's problem since it's just 2 mos old, seems like the base plate that touches the cpu is the one heating it instead of cooling. What I did now is I removed the radiator of the liquid cooler and retained it's fan since I can use it as an intake still. Thanks anyways

(I think I accidentally clicked the vote down button in your reply sorry, my first time in this forum). Have a good one!