Jul 14, 2022
Hi, i have this laptop.

L340-15IRH-152 Intel Core i5-9300HF - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - RAM: 8 GB - 256 GB SSD

I used to play the games that i try to play now super well without fps drops and with settings on max and even stream and no issues whatsoever. Lately i cant even play on minimum settings without it dropping fps. I did a fresh windows install to clean everything for it to run smoother but its the exact same, yesterday i even opened the laptop to clean the dust out and i still have the issue where the cpu runs at about 50º-60º idle and even just opening and closing chrome it spikes up to high 90º for a second or two and goes back to those 50º-60º. I was wondering what it could be. I tought thermal paste but at the same time i think that if it didnt have enough or whatever it would keep running hotter and hotter and eventually turn off the computer.

Also, when im playing i can usually play for about 20-30 minutes and out of nowhere it has a massive performance drop, i installed a msi monitoring app to see the temperatures and load of the cpu, my cpu runs at 90-100% load when playing just valorant with nothing else open, it shouldnt struggle that much.

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
although you thought thermal paste istnt the problem. given this scenario, it certainly is the problem. this is because over time, thermal paste gets dry and therefore, isnt as effective
try taking the laptop apart and using a lint free cloth then to get the rest of it off, id recommend you use Isopropyl Alcohol
hope my reply is helpful! :)

Reactions: Rubip111
Jul 14, 2022
although you thought thermal paste istnt the problem. given this scenario, it certainly is the problem. this is because over time, thermal paste gets dry and therefore, isnt as effective
try taking the laptop apart and using a lint free cloth then to get the rest of it off, id recommend you use Isopropyl Alcohol
hope my reply is helpful! :)

I just opened the computer and it had a ton of dust and crap ( gf's pc what should i expect xD ) so i cleaned it and its all good now!

I have another issue tho if u can give ur opinion on the matter on my new post i'd apprecciate

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
I just opened the computer and it had a ton of dust and crap ( gf's pc what should i expect xD ) so i cleaned it and its all good now!

I have another issue tho if u can give ur opinion on the matter on my new post i'd apprecciate
i have a similar problem with my pc and its driving me mad