[SOLVED] CPU temperature

Sep 24, 2022
Currently I have a Ryzen 7 5800X, and a Liquid cooler atm Im currently only have chrome open however when I launch a game the temperature goes from 60 to 90, but it doesnt go higher than 90 it kinda just flat lines I have notice the clock speed goes over 4000 when I play games or just watch youtube.

Solution
Currently I have a Ryzen 7 5800X, and a Liquid cooler atm Im currently only have chrome open however when I launch a game the temperature goes from 60 to 90, but it doesnt go higher than 90 it kinda just flat lines I have notice the clock speed goes over 4000 when I play games or just watch youtube.
That all sounds fairly normal as the CPU is designed to run up to 90C in heavy all-core workloads such as rendering video or running a Cinebench scene rendering. Although, staying flat at 90C may indicate a cooling problem if all you're doing is watching a Youtube video at the time.

It should also be frequently boosting to it's max clocks (4.7Ghz or higher) in light tasks such as gaming and video watching. If temp is flat at 90C...

Lutfij

Titan
and a Liquid cooler atm
What is the make and model of your AIO cooler?

Better yet, please state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the fans used in your case and their orientation. What are you ambient room temps?

That all sounds fairly normal as the CPU is designed to run up to 90C in heavy all-core workloads such as rendering video or running a Cinebench scene rendering. Although, staying flat at 90C may indicate a cooling problem if all you're doing is watching a Youtube video at the time.

It should also be frequently boosting to it's max clocks (4.7Ghz or higher) in light tasks such as gaming and video watching. If temp is flat at 90C it won't though, again suggesting a cooling problem.

Make sure your liquid cooler's pump is working at 100%, or 12V, all the time. And also check water block mounting: plastic film protector removed, thermal compound applied, evenly tightened all around.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 24, 2022
and a Liquid cooler atm
What is the make and model of your AIO cooler?

Better yet, please state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the fans used in your case and their orientation. What are you ambient room temps?
Idk what cooler I have for cpu, but I have the 4080