Question cpu temperatures increase to 80 degrees in idle. Why?

denisrossoner

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Hey!

First,sorry for my bad english. :)

I have a problem and I think my problem is CPU cooler but I'm not sure. I have i5 4690 no k and suddenly,I think for no reason my cpu temperatures increase to 80 degrees in idle. Please can You give me a solution or explanation for this.
I measured the temperature in Aida64 and very weird... when temperatures goes up I heard my cooler. He is starting stronger spinning. Aide64 is off.
When a turn on Aida64 and go to sensor temperatures start falling and cooler spinning slowly.

denisrossoner

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
My system components:
i5 4690 (stock intel cooler)
Gpu: rx 570 Asus 4gb expedition
Mbo: Asus z97-p
Ram: 8gb Hyper x 1600mhz ddr3
fractal design R5 with 2 coolers ( 1 front and 1 behind)
Hdd WD 1tb green

Whatever your cooler, you should not get 80ºC in idle.
First contrast the temperature with another program such as coretemp to check its temperature and open task manager to make sure it is really in idle. The cpu respond very fast to loads but, anyway, 80ºC is excessive.

Make sure your cooler is properly positioned, since the stock coolers are released with some ease. If so, remember to remove the old thermal paste and put new one.

Attention. Any action must be done with the computer unplugged, pressing the power on to eliminate any remaining electricity and discharging your static electricity.
Under no circumstances try power on without putting the cooler or fan.