[SOLVED] cpu temperatures quite high while liquid temperature quite low

Nov 6, 2020
I have an i7 7700k cooled by a NZXT kraken z63 AIO with Noctua NF-F12 fans pulling air from inside my case (nzxt h100i)

My CPU idles at an average of 50 degrees with liquid temps of about 30, i have however frequently seen the CPU reach average of 70 degrees under high load and the liquid temperature only increases to about 40 degrees.

My fans are working the pump is working, the AIO seems well seated and there is little dust in the radiator.

Are these normal temperatures or perhaps is there something wrong with my mounting or thermal compound ?

Solution
Sounds quite normal.
I'll quote NZXT here:

As long as liquid temperature remains below 60C, the cooler will remain healthy and permeation will be minimized. In some testing, NZXT Kraken X62 coolant temperature remains close to 30-35C even when under the intense heat load of an overclocked i7-7740X. High pump RPM and PWM fans are largely to thank for this feat.

Full article: https://blog.nzxt.com/does-aio-liqu...liquid temperature,of an overclocked i7-7740X.

Those temperatures are quite normal for the liquid inside your AIO. If it gets too hot that basically means that the AIO gets overwhelmed by the heat from the CPU... obviously it'll fail in effectively cooling it if that...
Sounds quite normal.
I'll quote NZXT here:

As long as liquid temperature remains below 60C, the cooler will remain healthy and permeation will be minimized. In some testing, NZXT Kraken X62 coolant temperature remains close to 30-35C even when under the intense heat load of an overclocked i7-7740X. High pump RPM and PWM fans are largely to thank for this feat.

Full article: https://blog.nzxt.com/does-aio-liqu...liquid temperature,of an overclocked i7-7740X.

Those temperatures are quite normal for the liquid inside your AIO. If it gets too hot that basically means that the AIO gets overwhelmed by the heat from the CPU... obviously it'll fail in effectively cooling it if that happens.

70C under demanding loads on a 7700K sounds very reasonable to me.

Solution