CPU Temperatures too high.

Olmeca

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Recently my CPU reaches very high temperatures to the point that it restarts or turns off while playing games, when I boot up the pc it gets to 90°C and drops slowly, while almost totally idle it remains between 49°C and 52°C, but when I open a program the cores get to up to 90°C and drop again, while playing something like CSGO the cores get to 93°C - 100°C some times it restarts, even while playing Terraria with my friends it gets up to 90°C and while in the BIOS it stays in 90°C
I've cleaned up the cpu fan, changed the thermal paste.
I didn't have this problem before, maybe did I put something wrong? I think the cpu fan is installed correctly, and I even changed the PC location where the air flow is better.
What can I do?
The cpu is a i7-4790k
The motherboard is a Z97X-SLI
16gb of RAM

Sorry for bad english.

Solution
It might be the cooler fan not running at the speed it needs. I've had a few Intel stock coolers that were defective that way over the years.

Another possibility is the BIOS setting for the CPU fan isn't working correctly. Set the CPU fan to run at full speed all the time. See if its RPM increases from what it is now.

You might also check for a virus that is causing the CPU to run at high usage. Check for malware too.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It might be the cooler fan not running at the speed it needs. I've had a few Intel stock coolers that were defective that way over the years.

Another possibility is the BIOS setting for the CPU fan isn't working correctly. Set the CPU fan to run at full speed all the time. See if its RPM increases from what it is now.

You might also check for a virus that is causing the CPU to run at high usage. Check for malware too.

Solution

Olmeca

Prominent
May 12, 2017

I forgot to mention that when tried to set the fan at max speed on the bios but it didn't change the rpm, I hope that is the problem, it probably is, and that would be easier to solve, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS