CPU temperatures !

enamak

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Ok guys, so i got an Intel I5-4570(non-k). Stock cooler.
I dont have power saving on so my cpu is always at max frequency, so at idle my temps are ~40C, when gamming (BF3, very cpu intensive) it reaches 63C. I have asus all suite 3, but the temperatures are so incorrect (it says 33C when other apps say 40C), so when it comes to adjust the fan speed, it wont do it as i planed. Anyway, when i turned on max fan speed on asus all suite, my cpu fan and my three chassis fan are at maximum speed obviously, and my temps when playing BF3 are 53C maximum.
What i wanted to know is that if i should use another app to controll fan speeds, or just turn on max speed when playing cpu intensive games, but im afraid it will reduce the fans lifetime?
Thanks.

Solution

i also have custon fan setup through ai suite.then you have to set fan 60% when cpu at 38 or below, 38c=50c on other software.
asus all suite 3 allows you to customize the fans rotation speeds and responses based on your temps! dig a little more in all suite 3 and you will make it work as you want! http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-DELUXE/DE128_Z87_AI_Suite3.pdf in case of cpu temps isnt such accurate cause ist shows cpu package temps and not accurate core temps! core-real temp software provide more accurate cpu core readings!

enamak

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Thanks for the fast answer :) Yes it lets me customize, but if i set the cpu fan to go to, lets say, 60% when temp at 50C, it wont! why? because when my cpu is at 50C, asus all suite only say is at 38 or even less, se it wont increase fan speed to 60%. So what should i do?

i also have custon fan setup through ai suite.then you have to set fan 60% when cpu at 38 or below, 38c=50c on other software.

Solution

yes, as i mentioned ai suite isnt accurate at reading core temps. it reads another sensor which refers to whole cpu package temp. (except cores inside your cpu are igp and memory controller) also thats why it states one temp reading and not all four core temps!

Swede69

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Yea that cpu has a TJC Max of 98C at least(that's what the 2500k's is). So I wouldn't worry about being in the high 60's or even high 70's. For instance I've been running my 2500k@5.0ghz @1.460 Vcore for over 2+ years. Gaming temps (70-95% load) are 60-68C, loaded benchmark temps(100%) are 68-74C. I'm almost 30C under the TCJ maxwhich is great for 5.0ghz :)
Would help to buy a after market Hyper 212 plus for that 4570, would drop it into the 30C range easily.

Swede69

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Haswell has a TJC max of 98C just like the 2nd Gen 2500k, I just looked it up :) This doesn't mean that you're cpu will fry if it hits 98C, the cpu will just throttle and turn off(these haswell cpus could run up to 105C before actualIy frying out). I know several people who own 4670k's and 4770k's, after overclocking to 4.5ghz they run in the high 70's without any issues. Just try to stay under 80C, as we know smaller die's have a harder time dispersing heat especially when they use TIM(thermal paste) instead of solder on the IHS.

enamak

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Really? Ho thanks a lot :) i saw in Intel website that my i5 4570 Max temp were 72.5! But that way i dont need to worrie :) só ill bê good with stock cooler? And About Epu and Eist, should i leave it enabled? Thanks again X)

for 24/7 temps below 75c are considered safe!that really applies on o/ced models.for non (k) model and stock speeds stock cooler is enough, since you will hardly ever reach such temps. if you would like to make the most out of it, just replace the thermal paste with an after market one! i would suggest leaving that power option as they are.you can switch to different power plans, through power options on control panel!