[SOLVED] cpu temprature jumping suddenly

Rachit454

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
i have ryzen 5 2400g with stock cooler and recently i changed thermal paste i am seeing a pattern that when at idle the temprature suddenly jumps by 10 -15 degrees than slowly cools down and process repeats even though at full load in stress test it remain stable at 72 degrees celsius whats the problem ???

edit : it goes up when cpu changes its frequency example: when 1.95 GHz to 3.30 GHz

Solution
yes when cpu usage increases the tempratures jumps suddenly by huge 10 -20 degree celsius but my question is this why temprature suddenly touches 55 from 33 when cpu usage goes by 0% to 7% ?
As opposed from Intel, Ryzen doesn't report temperature of each core separately but uses it to regulate boost to each core. What you see in programs is just temperature of hottest core, not whole processor. That makes it look twitchy and fast rising and falling according to immediate load on even single core.
On the other hand, in windows Task manager7% load is reported as load on whole processor (as if it was a single core CPU) while even only one core may be loaded to 70%+. Ryzen Master for instance can show you which cores are under...
i have ryzen 5 2400g with stock cooler and recently i changed thermal paste i am seeing a pattern that when at idle the temprature suddenly jumps by 10 -15 degrees than slowly cools down and process repeats even though at full load in stress test it remain stable at 72 degrees celsius whats the problem ???
Idle may not always be real idle, something must be running in the background at that time so you might want to check CPU usage and see if it corresponds with temperature rising.

Rachit454

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
yes when cpu usage increases the tempratures jumps suddenly by huge 10 -20 degree celsius but my question is this why temprature suddenly touches 55 from 33 when cpu usage goes by 0% to 7% ?

Last edited:
As opposed from Intel, Ryzen doesn't report temperature of each core separately but uses it to regulate boost to each core. What you see in programs is just temperature of hottest core, not whole processor. That makes it look twitchy and fast rising and falling according to immediate load on even single core.
On the other hand, in windows Task manager7% load is reported as load on whole processor (as if it was a single core CPU) while even only one core may be loaded to 70%+. Ryzen Master for instance can show you which cores are under higher load at a time.

Solution