CPU tempreture i'm worried. AMD II X4 750k Quad core

madrew

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
hello guys , so i'm little bit worried about my cpu tempreture I bought this PC 3months ago and now when i'm playing I got a big CPU tempreture , when i'm browsing I got around 50-65 tempreture , but when i'm start playing games it goes to 78-84 should I be worried ? I don't want my pc to get burned.. ,

My CPU : AMD II X4 750k Quad core.
When using internet : 50-65
When playing games : 78-84..

if my CPU starts burning does my other parts can burn aswell?

madrew

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

I didn't ask you to give me grammar errors did I ? asked for solution if u cant help go away .

P.S writing from phone.

Better upgrade to an aftermarket cooler,its usual for AMD processors for produce heat more than the intel ones,and a nice aftermarket cooler is the CoolerMaster EVO 212,that fits in any socket and is very effective.Price is around 3000 indian rupees

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Hey don't get uppity it can just difficult to understand what you are trying to get across. The AMD stock coolers are known to be garbage and will get high temps, especially if your case has low air flow. If the heatsink is improperly mounted or has faulty or garbage heatsink compound, it can cause high temps. I would recommend first you replace the compound with arctic silver and see what happens.

Alin Prema

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Those temps are normal for the stock heatsink. I used it for 1 year like that with turbo set at 3700MHz and it was ok, no crashes or anything. The fan RPM is going very high tho, i saw mine running at 5700RPM after a few hours of gaming. I bought an aftermarket cooler and i still get ~70c in full load but this high temperature reading is just an assumption based on compensating the fact that the thermal diode is not inside the CPU on AMDs and it's somewhere inside the socket. The BIOS reads 40-42c when another monitoring software shows ~70c on package, I guess you're using HWMonitor or Speccy to monitor temps. I've tried Arctic Silver 5 and it won't do much on the stock heatsink but it lowers the temps a little bit.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

He is right. The atrocious spelling makes you look ignorant and lazy. Is that the way you want to be perceived?

pegotico

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

It seems your problem is the software you are using, Try AIDA64 and you should get
correct temps when under load. The only bad thing is idle temps are not displayed correctly for now.
But then again your worries are temps under load!!

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Er, thats the outside of the case, will need to open it to see the CPU cooler.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

It is the stock cooler. Buy a decent aftermarket cooler like the Hyper 212 EVO. It works well with a four core processor. If you have a cutout behind the motherboard and have space put in a small fan to cool the cpu socket. You can use 3M double sided tape to attach it. I have five computers. All are Fractal Design Arc Midi R2's. In each one I have six 140 mm fans. My point being is that you really need to have good airflow in a case. There are a lot more components to cool than a cpu. Northbridge, Southbridge, mosfets, ram. If any one component gets too hot you are in for a sub par computing experience. You should try to spell better and use punctuation. If you can't make that effort why would someone try to help you?