[SOLVED] CPU temps abnormally high

Feb 17, 2023
My CPU temps are abnormally high I saw performance decrease for like 3 weeks but just now I thought about checking the temps and surprize in idle I have 64-70 degrees and full load it stay constantly at 95-100, I even changed the thermal pastes
now I just think about getting a new cpu since I feel like is it time for a upgrade anyway and obiously a new cooler, is there any other solution to try before going all the way?

EDIT: not even full load when it get used like 24% the degrees are at 98-100

Last edited:
Solution
I have a problem with 1 pin since is not going all the way in my motherboard, since I got my new b460 d3h, that one single pin is not going all the way in, to mention I still had it with 3 pins in and had no problems with it

That means your thermal paste is having little effect.

You can fight the pin problem or get a cooler that uses a different mechanism.
I have a problem with 1 pin since is not going all the way in my motherboard, since I got my new b460 d3h, that one single pin is not going all the way in, to mention I still had it with 3 pins in and had no problems with it

That means your thermal paste is having little effect.

You can fight the pin problem or get a cooler that uses a different mechanism.

Solution
Feb 17, 2023