Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
Here is my system ATM...
-Intel i5-4590
-Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler
-ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer
-MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti
-Corsair CX 600W

Recently, I've been experiencing massive frame drops in games I usually do very well in, considering playing at low and medium settings. Games such as Rainbow Six Siege and H1Z1 are extremely laggy these past few days, but a week ago they were playing fine. I also have noticed that my CPU temps peak at higher temps than usual (10 degrees higher than normal to my knowledge). I don't know if those two correlate and how to fix it, as I am new to the PC building community as of Fall 2015. If they do correlate, do I need to do something as simple as adjust the liquid cooler or apply new thermal paste, or is it more complicated than I think?

Solution
It's called "Thermal throttling", processor is lowering frequency and voltage to save itself from overheating. Check how much of processor is used and if maybe some other software is making it work harder. Also clean any dust and change paste.
It's called "Thermal throttling", processor is lowering frequency and voltage to save itself from overheating. Check how much of processor is used and if maybe some other software is making it work harder. Also clean any dust and change paste.

Solution