Aug 8, 2020
Hello hope u having a good day
I would like to ask some question related to cpu cooling and temps

My "important" parts:
I7 4790(non k)
MasterLiquid Lite 120
A bugdet h81 mobo
And 3 case fans

Basically my mobo died 2 weeks ago and i bought another one and took it to a specialized store close to where i live.
(It was the same one that build my pc back in 2015)
Before my mobo died i had temps of 40-50c both browsing and playing low settings games. After they installed the new one my temps were raised to 40-60c again when browsing and playing low setting games.
Also my cpu core individual temps sit at a difference of 3-8c beetween them but i cant remember the temps before.
Right now my temps while i watch a yt video and write this are:
Core 1 :42
Core 2:38
Core 3:33
Core 4:34

Some things that i now:
The max voltage is 1.096 while the lower was 0.800 +/-.
The Pump is on 12V at full speed
Bios settings are default
Ambient temp - 26c

So i have some silly and maybe dumb questions like:
  1. Is it possible that somewhat they handled my cpu in a way that damaged him and increase his temp?
  2. Can a AIO cooler slowly raises the cpu temps instead of just failing?
  3. Is a little bit of higher temp of both cpu and individual core mean a faulty cpu?
  4. Can a bad aplication of thermal paste affect just one core?

Solution

My "important" parts:
I7 4790(non k)
MasterLiquid Lite 120
A bugdet h81 mobo
And 3 case fans

Basically my mobo died 2 weeks ago and i bought another one and took it to a specialized store close to where i live.
Before my mobo died i had temps of 40-50c both browsing and playing low settings games. After they installed the new one my temps were raised to 40-60c again when browsing and playing low setting games.
Also my cpu core individual temps sit at a difference of 3-8c beetween them but i cant remember the temps before.
Right now my temps while i watch a yt video and write this...

My "important" parts:
I7 4790(non k)
MasterLiquid Lite 120
A bugdet h81 mobo
And 3 case fans

Right now my temps while i watch a yt video and write this are:
Core 1 :42
Core 2:38
Core 3:33
Core 4:34

Some things that i now:
The max voltage is 1.096 while the lower was 0.800 +/-.
The Pump is on 12V at full speed
Bios settings are default
Ambient temp - 26c

So i have some silly and maybe dumb questions like:
  1. Is it possible that somewhat they handled my cpu in a way that damaged him and increase his temp?
  2. Can a AIO cooler slowly raises the cpu temps instead of just failing?
  3. Is a little bit of higher temp of both cpu and individual core mean a faulty cpu?
  4. Can a bad aplication of thermal paste affect just one core?
  1. No, it wouldn't work otherwise or would have other problems.
  2. Yes but after many years of hard usage.
  3. No, not all cores are used at same time and at same level except in some benchmark programs and even then there could be some discrepancy in core temps because they are not all equal.
  4. Not directly but look a #3.
Some possible causes,
Cooler and paste may not be installed and set properly. With new MB BIOS settings were not tweaked same way, pump and fans speed was not set for optimum cooling.

Reactions: ImdK
Solution