CPU Temps are High

TheGreenForest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
I just bought the Swiftech h220 x2 and I installed it into my pc. However when I look at my CPU Temps in the BIOS, I notice that it is at a constant 45C. I know that this isn't right. Can anyone tell me how I can reduce the temperature? My room is a bit warm but not warm enough to get the CPU to be this high.

Solution
Point your water cooling fans so that they are exhaust.

I find myself explaining this one a lot, but it doesn't bother me to type it one more time... What a liquid cooler does is the waterblock moves the heat from the component being cooled to the liquid coolant, which passes through the radiator to disperse said heat into the surrounding air. If you use a radiator as intake, it just blows all that heat right back onto the components, not an optimal cooling setup by any means.

TheGreenForest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015

CPU:I7-4790K No OC
Motherboard: MSI Z97A Gaming 7
Power Supply: Corsair AX860i
Chassis: Corsair 760T
Fan Setup: Two intakes on the front, power supply fan taking air out, one rear fan taking air out and the two fans for the water cooler going in i believe.
I did apply thermal paste when i installed the water cooler.
The room temps are right now around 70. I turned the ac on to see the temperature changes.

Where is the radiator mounted?

TheGreenForest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015

The radiator is mounted at the top

Point your water cooling fans so that they are exhaust.

I find myself explaining this one a lot, but it doesn't bother me to type it one more time... What a liquid cooler does is the waterblock moves the heat from the component being cooled to the liquid coolant, which passes through the radiator to disperse said heat into the surrounding air. If you use a radiator as intake, it just blows all that heat right back onto the components, not an optimal cooling setup by any means.

Solution

TheGreenForest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015

I switched the fans and cooled the room down and did anything to reduce the heat and made it go down to a nice 27C. Thanks for your suggestions and advices.