Question CPU temps at 100°C

May 31, 2020
My PC was working fine until recently when I discovered that my CPU temps were consistent at or above 95°C. Have reapplied thermal paste (prebuilt PC, manufacturer didn't do too good of a job) and am not sure when my next step on the troubleshooting process should be.
CPU - Intel i7-7700K
Cooling Unit - Asetek 550LC
Mobo - MSI Z270-A Pro
If you need to know anything else about my PC, let me know, will post a picture as soon as I can.
Thanks so much!

InvalidError

Titan
Might be the CPU block getting clogged by corrosion and other debris, a common problem in nearly all liquid cooling setups with metallic components. Could also be coolant loss by osmosis through the tubes, radiator, gaskets, etc.

I'm not a fan of liquid cooling, too many extra failure modes. I'm using fan-less 212+ on both of my current-use PCs, let case fans move enough air through the case to keep the CPUs under 70C.

Asking a single 120 or 140 AIO to handle the i7-7700K is asking a lot...they are known to run hot....whats the intake fan setup on the case ? It looks pretty tight from the picture you posted. Might be worth looking into a better case with solid airflow and room for a 240 or 280 AIO.

May 31, 2020
Asking a single 120 or 140 AIO to handle the i7-7700K is asking a lot...they are known to run hot....whats the intake fan setup on the case ? It looks pretty tight from the picture you posted. Might be worth looking into a better case with solid airflow and room for a 240 or 280 AIO.
I've already been looking for a new PC, mine used to get the job done but wasn't the best to begin with. Thanks for the advice, will definitely be upgrading the cooling unit!