Question CPU temps changed overnight.

Jan 28, 2022
Hi. Some time ago I started my pc and the temps of my 5 5600X randomly increased by 25C+, reaching around 70C when idling and up to 100C+ during heavy loads. It used to idle around 40C and going up to 75C during heavy loads. When I found out the liquid cooler was broken (it randomly stopped working) I tried putting on the stock one but nothing changed. Now I bought a new CPU (5 5600 non X), and the temps are about 10C lower, but still too high. Did the broken cooler do some kind of permanent damage to the CPU/MOBO or something causing it to always be as hot as the sun or what? Thanks.

Your cpu isn't damaged. You got used to nice controlled temperatures with your liquid cooler. A standard air cooler is not really the ideal cooler for these modern cpu's. Depending on your ambient room temperature and case air cooling, your temperatures could vary quite a bit on a stock air cooler. You can go to a more robust air cooler or use another liquid cooler to bring the temps back down to your liking.

Jan 28, 2022
Your cpu isn't damaged. You got used to nice controlled temperatures with your liquid cooler. A standard air cooler is not really the ideal cooler for these modern cpu's. Depending on your ambient room temperature and case air cooling, your temperatures could vary quite a bit on a stock air cooler. You can go to a more robust air cooler or use another liquid cooler to bring the temps back down to your liking.
I've tried the Noctua NH-D15 and got the same temps before switching back to the stock one (I thought if the temps arent going to change I might as well get back to the stock one). Shouldn't it be supposed to grant similar performances as the liquid ones? I don't know man I feel like something has changed in my PC, cant get it back to have that nice 39C idle.

It is not clear to me what front intake fans are possible on that case.
For good air cooling, you need to supply the cooler with plenty of fresh air.
The gpu and motherboard needs good airflow also.
I would think at least two 120mm fans running at 1500rpm should do the job.
A 120mm rear fan serves to direct the airflow past the cpu cooler, gpu and motherboard.

Jan 28, 2022
It is not clear to me what front intake fans are possible on that case.
For good air cooling, you need to supply the cooler with plenty of fresh air.
The gpu and motherboard needs good airflow also.
I would think at least two 120mm fans running at 1500rpm should do the job.
A 120mm rear fan serves to direct the airflow past the cpu cooler, gpu and motherboard.
Yeah I definitely have to try installing some fans, but any idea on why the temps changed so much? 39C idle with Kraken M22 before vs 60C idle now, even when I tried out Noctua DH15...

Yeah I definitely have to try installing some fans, but any idea on why the temps changed so much? 39C idle with Kraken M22 before vs 60C idle now, even when I tried out Noctua DH15...
A aio will eventually fail. I would have guessed that was your case.
But, a NH-D15 will not fail.
If it does not do the job, either it was not installed properly, or there was insufficient fresh air being delivered to it to let it do it's job.

I've tried the Noctua NH-D15 and got the same temps before switching back to the stock one (I thought if the temps arent going to change I might as well get back to the stock one). Shouldn't it be supposed to grant similar performances as the liquid ones? I don't know man I feel like something has changed in my PC, cant get it back to have that nice 39C idle.
What kind of fan curve are you using on the air cooler? Have you tried an aggressive curve to see if in fact you can bring the temps down with the Noctua?