Question Cpu Temps fluctuating core to core? default bios oc to 4.7???

Aug 8, 2019
Intel i9-9900k
Asus Rog maximus xi hero

Got this combo so I can dabble with OC one day when I start dealing with more intense sims and programs but for now I am only relapsed on classic wow and I dont need anything to be powerful.
I have default bios settings yet hwm is reporting my cpu at 4.7ghz and the temperatures are a little wacky in my experience.
While in IDLE state, the package runs 40-50 degrees and 7 cores are always ~30 or less while one core (random one) is 40-50. The hot core changes every second or faster. Is this normal for cpu with ai overclock? Ive never seen this before. How do I turn it off?

Little tidbit on the side, I had recent RMA my motherboard. Originally i thought my cpu had died but after getting a new i5 and it still didnt work i got a new mobo as well. I9 worked fine with that mobo but it ran very hot due to intel turbo boost and once i shut it off everything was normal.
Could this be a similar issue? Im debating reapplying the thermal paste but I want to figure out thise 4.7ghz thing first.

THanks for the help in advance.

It is normal to have differences between cores, some cores are sandwiched between others and it will get heat from near cores too so it will heat a bit more, my cpu has 10 cores and i get up to 4-5 degrees differences between cores at full load, take in consideration that is among the last good soldered ihs cpus, most modern cpus has either bad tim or a very thick solder which retains heat inside the cpu package.

Aug 8, 2019
it it normal to have it swapping which core is the hot core every second tho? this is like a 15 degree difference and its rotating through all of the cores constantly