Question CPU Temps getting too high causing games to crash.. Already replaced AIO and CPU.

Dec 11, 2022
When I first got my PC, my games were crashing to the desktop with no error. I found out that problem was my CPU was getting overheated. I decided to replace my CPU and my AIO Cooler. This helped fix the problem for about a month. Now, it is back to doing the same thing. My CPU temps would get very high and cause games to crash to desktop sometimes with no error at all. Also, my bedroom is fairly small and my PC makes it very hot. Can this be a reason and do I need to put my PC in a bigger room with better airflow? I am at the point where I have to start replacing one component by one because I can not figure out when my PC is doing this. Thanks for the help.

My specs are:
CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9- 13900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO (LGA1700)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (MSI)
PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200P 1200 W
AIO: NZXT Kraken Z73 RGB 360mm

I guess I have to change case. Here we go again lol

Gamers Nexux did a review of that case but in 2019 with a 6700 cpu. Not nearly as hot as the 13900k.

Your AiO should be ale to handle the cpu.

Run Cinebench23 all core load as a baseline. It's a free program to download. Coretemp ia another app you can use to monitor the cpu temps in Cinebench, it will capture the peak temp.

Leave the side panel on and take the front panel off. Run Cinebench23 again and compare.

Dec 11, 2022
I wouldn't say that just yet. Gamers Nexux did a review of that case but in 2019 with a 6700 cpu. Not nearly as hot as the 13900k.

Run Cinebench23 all core load as a baseline. It's a free program to download. Corettemp ia another app you can use to monitor the cpu temps in Cinebench, it will capture the peak temp.

Leave the side panel on and take the front panel off. Run Cinebench23 again and compare.

Ok will try that. Thanks for your help.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Also, my bedroom is fairly small and my PC makes it very hot. Can this be a reason and do I need to put my PC in a bigger room with better airflow?
Temperature is a byproduct of the energy used and load on the components.
A PC is in essence, a small space heater. Even in the scenario that the case is not cooling the components effectively, heat still gets out of the PC, mixing with the air in your room, and making that warmer.
A larger room will just take longer to heat up. You then need a cooling system for the room, like the case needs a cooling system for the components inside.
Do you have/use air conditioning?

Dec 11, 2022
Temperature is a byproduct of the energy used and load on the components.
A PC is in essence, a small space heater. Even in the scenario that the case is not cooling the components effectively, heat still gets out of the PC, mixing with the air in your room, and making that warmer.
A larger room will just take longer to heat up. You then need a cooling system for the room, like the case needs a cooling system for the components inside.
Do you have/use air conditioning?

Yes their is air condition in the house. However, we barley use it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes their is air condition in the house. However, we barley use it.
1)Gonna need to use that air conditioning more often.
2)Start lowering how much power the gpu is allowed to draw. With games, that's the part contributing the most to making a PC a small space heater.
3)Set up a fan in a window, doorway, or both, to pull the heat exiting the PC out of the room as fast as possible.
4)A combination of the above options.

Think of your room like another case.

Dec 11, 2022
1)Gonna need to use that air conditioning more often.
2)Start lowering how much power the gpu is allowed to draw. With games, that's the part contributing the most to making a PC a small space heater.
3)Set up a fan in a window, doorway, or both, to pull the heat exiting the PC out of the room as fast as possible.
4)A combination of the above options.

Think of your room like another case.

How can I lower how much power the GPU is getting? Sorry for the noob question but I never had this problem before.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How can I lower how much power the GPU is getting? Sorry for the noob question but I never had this problem before.
Msi Afterburner has a power limit slider, but it's linked with the temperature limit slider by default. Make sure you unlink(chain link icon) them first, otherwise, when you drag down the power limit, the temperature limit will go down with it, and that's not desired here.
As for how much, try intervals of 10%(90%, 80%).