CPU Temps HIGH when IDLE/BIOS

grant.alarid

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
Just installed my new H110i AIO and got everything to work with no errors or beep sequences. When I put in my password into windows my computer slowly gets louder and louder so I go to CPUHW real quick and notice my Temp for the CPU is slowly rising every second and won’t stop or go down.

At first i thought the cooler was a bust but I went out a bought the same cooler again and used that one and still got the same temps.

Solution
It's possible you're not installing the cooler correctly. AIOs come with thermal paste so that's not an issue. Feel the tubes while the system is running. If you can feel vibration, then that means the pump is working, and the block isn't installed properly and/or isn't making full contact with the IHS.

If you don't feel any vibration at all, then you may have to RMA for a second time.

Also, make sure the header for your pump isn't plugged in to a PWM header, or, if it is, make sure it's running at 100%. AIOs don't cool very well if the pump isn't at 100%.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
It's possible you're not installing the cooler correctly. AIOs come with thermal paste so that's not an issue. Feel the tubes while the system is running. If you can feel vibration, then that means the pump is working, and the block isn't installed properly and/or isn't making full contact with the IHS.

If you don't feel any vibration at all, then you may have to RMA for a second time.

Also, make sure the header for your pump isn't plugged in to a PWM header, or, if it is, make sure it's running at 100%. AIOs don't cool very well if the pump isn't at 100%.

Solution

grant.alarid

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017

explain to me the last paragraph again in more detail