[SOLVED] CPU TEMPS IDLING at 50-65C, First PC build NOOB Needs Help!!

Jul 1, 2020
Hey folks, I just built my first gaming rig yesterday. I noticed when I started my PC up for the first time the fans having been running really loud so I downloaded HWMonitor/Core Temp/NZXT Cam because I was curious on what temp my CPU was. Find out when I'm just browsing the web or watching youtube the temps tend to be around 55C(I am not overclocking). and the fans kick in super loud. I do not know if this is normal. Can anyone give me some guidance in what I am doing wrong and if i need to go into bios. Also i've tried playing around with fans in the bios using PWM and smart fan mode but honestly I have no idea what I am doing. NOOB NEEDS HELP!!!

My build/spec is:
CPU
: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE 1080TI
MOBO: MSI Tomahawk b450 Max
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb (8x2)
PSU: EVGA 600W BQ 80+ Bronze
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 140mm 3000 pwm (x2) Case fans in the front & 2 stock Meshify C case fans both as an exhaust on in the back and one on the top
CASE: Fractal Meshify C

Solution
Hey thanks for replying, what is the most optimal fan curve? I am still new to this. I live in the PNW so the ambi temp are around 65-70 F for the most part
This is what I use for my amd cooler:
fan-curve.jpg
Jul 1, 2020
3k rpm fans are going to be loud. You should be able to set up a fan curve in the bios. What is the ambient temperature?
Hey thanks for replying, what is the most optimal fan curve? I am still new to this. I live in the PNW so the ambi temp are around 65-70 F for the most part

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
What is your temp when the system is idle ? Should not go to 55c which means when you game it will shoot up a lot and what not. So wait is the fan spinning at 3k rpm and your getting that nasty temp barely doing anything on the build? Could be a contact issue between the block and CPU or how you applied thermal paste. Try to run a stress test and put CPU under 100 percent load and well know more.

Jul 1, 2020
I don't know what you would do with the 3k fans as you don't ever want them to run at 3k, you may be better off setting them to a fixed rpm. You will just have to experiment a little until you find something you can live with.
I have 3k intake fans but they are not running at 3k at all just have them on pwn and they run about 1200rpm

Jul 1, 2020
What is your temp when the system is idle ? Should not go to 55c which means when you game it will shoot up a lot and what not. So wait is the fan spinning at 3k rpm and your getting that nasty temp barely doing anything on the build? Could be a contact issue between the block and CPU or how you applied thermal paste. Try to run a stress test and put CPU under 100 percent load and well know more.
as of right now the cpu temp at idle is around 38c according to ryzen master. I saw a dip down on temp when i turned the voltage to 1.25 where as before it was running constantly at 1.38

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
as of right now the cpu temp at idle is around 38c according to ryzen master. I saw a dip down on temp when i turned the voltage to 1.25 where as before it was running constantly at 1.38
Oh boy 1.38v is way too much even for liquid cooling 38C seems normal I'm sure some other cores are 36c 35c it's not all even at all times. Run Aida 64 and do a stress test and let it run for about 10 minutes or 20 minutes and check what your temperature is of your cores.