CPU Temps increased?

Rodson

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I have a i5 4690K with a H100i GTX cooler. OC'd at 4.3ghz @ 1.25v IIRC.

I've noticed that my CPU temps have increased ever since I started playing PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground). At times when playing the game the CPU temp would be at 53c - 55c, which sounds fine because that's what temps my friend with same cooler is getting. Then when at idle it'd be at 35c - 38c.

But then at other times it'd idle at 40c - 55c, and when playing PUBG it'd be at 71c - 75c.

Any ideas what the problem could be, and any suggestions would be appreciated!

Solution
How quickly are you measuring temps? With an AIO liquid cooler, temps take some time to 'normalize' (related to how the heat is transferred & how liquid conducts etc).

If you're measuring idle at 35-38'C when you first boot up, those will raise over time (if you just leave it to idle for an hour or so, you'll see they creep up).
If you're then comparing PUBG launched immediately after boot vs an hour or so of playing, again, you should expect temps to be higher over time.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How quickly are you measuring temps? With an AIO liquid cooler, temps take some time to 'normalize' (related to how the heat is transferred & how liquid conducts etc).

If you're measuring idle at 35-38'C when you first boot up, those will raise over time (if you just leave it to idle for an hour or so, you'll see they creep up).
If you're then comparing PUBG launched immediately after boot vs an hour or so of playing, again, you should expect temps to be higher over time.

Solution

jonathan_191

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017

I am also currently trying to find an answer as well. I was fine at first, but this last patch has really messed something up. My temp goes from 50c idle (computer has been on for hours, played different games, etc.) up to as high as 95-98c which is absolutely insane. Every other game will take me to 72c or so, but PUBG raises me over twice the amount of others. Im using an old i7 920 so it can handle higher temps, but this is insane.

TRENDING THREADS