CPU Temps.. (Is this normal?)

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016
Hey guys, take a look at this... Is these temperatures normal?

AF1QipNPv5AKuvKtRrEd9G_OE-5_njfbIz4UWjMaB1c5

I know it's absurdly high but is it okay to keep using my PC with that CPU temp?

Btw in bios it reaches over 90degrees I don't know why but it might be the changes I made when I reseated the heatsink without replacing the thermal paste..

over 70degrees on idle and normal use.

It doesn't crash.

If the photo didn't show up.. Here it is:
68deg average on idle and normal use
79deg+ on light gaming and opening heavily designed word documents

HW Monitor min/max temps
63 and 88

Intel i3 3240
I don't know about overclocking so don't ask for that if I did.

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016

Yes, it is the Intel stock cooler btw, I fixed it myself when I discovered that the heatsink was not installed correctly and were slightly loose that doesn't make contact with the processor.. but, it's improvement was being always 50deg. Now the question is, is 50deg normal for idle and normal use like browsing the web..? Then when I play GTA V the average temperature were 65degrees (no more than 70).

TY for the answer.

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016

AF1QipMBYWYZx6Zbro8Nqt9y7nFQeZ2ii--L7qoXroBl

Here it is....

You said it is not great, but is it not bad?
What are the possible problems will I encounter if I continue to use my PC with that amount of CPU temperature overtime??

I usually use my computer for atleast 5 hours, but then it seems like the temperature were stable...

It used to be 35-40degrees before but I cannot improve it anymore and I don't have time going to stores to buy a thermal paste.

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016

Never had an experience shopping online. I don't even have my own credit card and I'm just 15.. BTW thanks again... I will buy tomorrow but I'll still continuing using my computer.

TY