CPU Temps Messed Up?

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
I have the Cooler Master ML120 AIO liquid cooler with my R5 2600 and I'm really confused. My BIOS shows temps as being at 30ish degrees idle but when I boot into Windows and open up Corsair Link it's at 80c idle? OpenHardwareMonitor doesn't event detect a temperature and doesn't show it. I have the pump plugged into the CPU fan header as I don't have a dedicated one for the pump, and the fan on the radiator I plugged into SysFan1. The fan on the radiator spins just fine. I played games and it would rise to something like 100c-ish in Corsair link. I will put my system specs down below. I am pretty sure I could hear the pump pumping liquid and the radiator gets hot when the CPU is being used. I only built the PC around a week ago and just installed Corsair Link today, and those temps really worry me. Thanks!

CPU - R5 2600 (not overclocked)
Mobo - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Ram - 8GBx2 kit of Corsair Vengence RGB 2666mhz
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML120

Solution
All that stuff is made for Intel only, always had problem with reading AMD processors. With FX series only AMD Overdrive was accurate. Ryzen Master is it's descendant.
You are using wrong things for temps.
Temperature in BIOS is not relevant because CPU is in neither state, no load on it but fan and pump speeds are not regulated. You have Cooler master cooler so Corsair ling is not relevant either.
On this cooler, pump should not be connected to CPU_FAN but to AiO_Pump or case fan pump and set so it runs full speed all the time.
For best temp and other readings, use HWinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018

I have installed Speccy and HWinfo, swapped CPUFan and SysFan1. I have also set the pump to run at full speed all the time in the BIOS. Speccy is showing idle temps at 80c but HWinfo is showing 30c which seems more realistic.

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018

Ryzen Master is also showing temps at a realistic 30-ish degrees c. I think some software just doesn't get accurate temps.

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018

Yeah, I tried them and only HWinfo and Ryzen Master gave realistic temps. I assume then that there isn't really a problem and that some software doesn't work very well for temps. Thanks for the help.

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018

Yeah, I used to have an AMD A-series processor and OpenHardwareMonitor gave me accurate readings, so it may just be an issue with Ryzen 2 or something.

TRENDING THREADS