Question CPU Temps really high at low load?

Nov 30, 2022
Hi, wasn't sure whether to post this here or in cooling so apologies if this is the wrong place for it.

I upgraded my case and case fans yesterday to a 4000D and 5 deepcoool RF120 fans + 1 of the case fans the case came with.

Yesterday evening it seemed to be working fine; however I turned my PC on this morning and the fans immediately ramped up very high. I wanted to see what the temps were like so I downloaded Open Hardware Monitor and this was what I saw:

To me that seems kind of crazy, any help or suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 30, 2022
It should also be noted that in bios the temps are reported at a fairly constant 50-55 degrees.
However, the moment I get into windows the fans ramp up massively.

*Additional note: as I write this my CPU temps went from a reported 80 degrees down to 55 again and the fans slowed down in response.

I am aware that when the PC first boots the CPU being under load isn't unusual, the part I find weird is A) how long it was going on and B) the temps being high even with the CPU load being low

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, wasn't sure whether to post this here or in cooling so apologies if this is the wrong place for it.

I upgraded my case and case fans yesterday to a 4000D and 5 deepcoool RF120 fans + 1 of the case fans the case came with.

Yesterday evening it seemed to be working fine; however I turned my PC on this morning and the fans immediately ramped up very high. I wanted to see what the temps were like so I downloaded Open Hardware Monitor and this was what I saw:

To me that seems kind of crazy, any help or suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!
Your using the stock cooler, upgrade that.