Jul 19, 2022
Since I've got my aio cooler (Kraken x63 280mm) it's always been a relatively lower temperature than other people I've seen.

I have a ryzen 7 3700x and the aio is mounted on the front of my pc with the fans on the inside pulling the air in.

The case is quite cramped because I'm waiting on getting an obsidian 500d se but I've seen other people with better cpus (ryzen 9, etc) getting lower temps than me

My idle is around 30-50 degrees celcius whereas others are getting high 20's to low 30's.

When I render in sony vegas 18 with my cpu usage at 100% the cpu is capping at 80 degrees celcius (when my room is hot)

I'm using the pre applied thermal paste that came with the aio and the fans and pump are at good speeds.

The pump curve goes from 70 - 100% (usually is on 80% or 100% most of the time)

I'm fairly sure the aio block is pressed down on the cpu otherwise I would see thermal paste potentially melting out very slowly or extreme high temps?

Just confused as to why people with better cpus that are overclocking are getting the same temps or lower temps when surely they would be higher than mine?

View: https://imgur.com/a/q0fAvsU

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Pardon, but you've not provided much for others to go on. At least include the current case, even though you'll soon be changing it.
Try not to obsess over low load thermals. It's an easy way to waste money. There are more variables involved than all core load.
There's no such thing as idle; there's always something going on in the background. Low load is a more accurate term.

By variables, I mean:
-room ambient or case ambient temperature, whichever of the 2 the AIO has the most access to.
-how many background apps are running, bar Windows.
-Overclocks, PBO active or inactive.
-personal fan & pump curves.
-the specs of the fans, even though anything below 100% can't be accurately determined; performance is not linear.
-silicon lottery.
-the motherboard being used. The 'stock' or default bios settings are not created equal.
-the case's design. Some are more porous than others.
-OS power plan.
... probably not even everything, but it all adds up... or down, and all that should be compared to the other builds. The cooler, the cpu, and where the air is coming from, isn't enough to go on.

kanewolf

Titan
You may have an airflow issue in the case. You can try taking the side panel off and retesting. If you get significantly lower temps ( 10C ) then you may have an airflow problem.
That might mean too much inflow pressure without sufficient exhaust or vice versa.