Question CPU Temps worrying me

Jan 7, 2020
So im not a wealthy person or make alot of money so this build took some time to build.

The specs are
ryzen 2700
GTX 1660
b450-F strix motherboard i think
750w RMX PSU from Corsair
and an SSD
I'm using artic fans, 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust

My Idle temps are around 30-40c , and when i am gaming it goes up to 30-55c

It will also spike from 30 to 40 instantly, then drop back down again and be stable, it will spike the odd time.

is this normal, i was panicking building it, and it boots no problem just the temps has me worried, the idle temps seem high and 55 seems high too

my old intel stock cooler was cooler i think than the AMD wraith Spire im using now.

Lutfij

Titan
You're in good hands! With no offence intended, I'm sure you're going to have a heart attack when you see how high temps can go when stress testing.

Just for relevance, what is the make and model of your chassis? What are your ambient room air temps?

Reactions: falcon291
Jan 7, 2020
You're in good hands! With no offence intended, I'm sure you're going to have a heart attack when you see how high temps can go when stress testing.

Just for relevance, what is the make and model of your chassis? What are your ambient room air temps?
i went with the case linus used in the 900$ pc setup, it's called corsair spec 05

my room is really cold, but the pc has made it slightly warmer, now the room is warmer i checked and the temp is 42c stable

but i have 1 problem, my edc cpu is red on ryzen master and its 100% like all the time, can this damage parts or is it okay being on 100% ?

i went with the case linus used in the 900$ pc setup, it's called corsair spec 05

my room is really cold, but the pc has made it slightly warmer, now the room is warmer i checked and the temp is 42c stable

but i have 1 problem, my edc cpu is red on ryzen master and its 100% like all the time, can this damage parts or is it okay being on 100% ?
Go to your Windows 10 power settings and turn on balanced power plan

If the highest temps you see are 55-60 that's good for ryzen. The new 3000 series apparently run 70-80. Thinking about disabling all the power saving and boosting on my 3600 and just trying to do an all core overclock with a little undervolting to see if I can stabilize things. I'm reading the temps are apparently normal, but I would like this CPU to last a while.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I’ve had cpus up to 100c and be totally fine while doing a render on blender for very long periods of time. It’s also normal for there to be little spikes in temp as there isn’t a 100% perfect connection between heat sync and cpu and ihs and core. Windows regularly will start running things in the background that will load up the cpu a bit usually less than 10%. Also it’s best to have the os in high performance mode as many have had frame loss issues with it in balanced mode on games. Some do some don’t it’s trial and error