Question Cpu Temps?

Fricotype0

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I bought a pre-built after basically being pressured into it (by family) called a PowerSpec G419 about a year and a half ago now. I tried overclocking it using ASRock's F-Stream software and that lead me to look at the temperatures. When the PC started up F-Stream said it was running at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. I think it's pretty obvious that 200 degrees is too much but wouldn't the PC have basically just turned off if it went too hot? Also, F-Stream is some weird software. It's telling me the only stable frequency is 5.0 GHz but if I go to the UEFI it tells me 4.8 and lower is stable.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
200F = 93C. That's not out of the realm of possibility for mosfets, VRM's, Sata controllers, pci express chipsets etc.

The Intel 7700k will start throttling at somewhere above 90°C, but usually won't go into shutdown until it's tried multiple times to throttle down clock speeds/voltages and reaches @ 100°C

Stability is a funky thing at times, and 5.0GHz is an overclock setting. You can most definitely be stable at less than 5.0GHz, but you'd have to back out of the OC, can't just drop it or it might get unstable as other settings that are relying on the OC now get out of whack. Only a hard reset of bios will erase all presets and start a fresh bios at factory defaults.

Fricotype0

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Run HWInfo instead. This will give you your temps and voltages and a whole lot of other stuff.
I have been eyeing that for a long time. I guess I will start using it now.

I deleted F-Stream after deciding it was essentially useless. Also, can anybody tell what cooler is in here? I've been thinking it is a hyper 212 but I don't know.