[SOLVED] Cpu temps

Oct 14, 2021
My cpu temperature when I'm not doing anything at all idles around 30c but when I click something, to open chrome for example, it shoots up to around 60 and slowly goes back down, it does this with almost every task. When I download big files like games it shoots up to around 60c sometimes hitting 71. However, when I play games it stays around 60c sometimes going up to 71c. I have yet to see it go past 71.

Does anyone know why my idle temps are the same as my temps for when I play games?

Or is this normal temps?

I have a ryzen 5800x with a kraken x62 cooler. I have also adjusted my fan curve and pump speeds.

Update: I changed My fan speed to silent mode on CAM software and im experiencing the same temps with only it only being couple degrees higher if that.

Last edited:
Solution
My cpu temperature when I'm not doing anything at all idles around 30c but when I click something, to open chrome for example, it shoots up to around 60 and slowly goes back down, it does this with almost every task. When I download big files like games it shoots up to around 60c sometimes hitting 71. However, when I play games it stays around 60c sometimes going up to 71c. I have yet to see it go past 71.

Does anyone know why my idle temps are the same as my temps for when I play games?

Or is this normal temps?

I have a ryzen 5800x with a kraken x62 cooler. I have also adjusted my fan curve and pump speeds.

Update: I changed My fan speed to silent mode on CAM software and im experiencing the same temps with only it only being...
Oct 13, 2021

Or is this normal temps?

Update: I changed My fan speed to silent mode on CAM software and im experiencing the same temps with only it only being couple degrees higher if that.
These temperatures are normal, pretty much just average. Once you start to get into high 80's, then there's a problem. Chrome is actually fairly CPU intensive, using quite a lot of resources, so it's understandable. My idle temps are always ~50C and gaming it goes up to ~60C-65C. Don't worry, your CPU is just fine.

Or is this normal temps?

Ryzen CPU's boost individual cores to max clocks very frequently even on light processing loads and you see that as temp spikes. It's also normal and by design to spike as high as the 90's when it does:

And temps you're seeing can vary a lot depending on what you're using to monitor. There's a 'hot spot' temp and an average CPU die temperature to watch for. The average die temp is less spikey and gives a better idea of the thermal state of the CPU.

Solution