[SOLVED] CPU thermal paste change

OMGPenguins

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
I've recently got a used PC with a i7 3770k CPU and the person who used it before me never changed it and suggested that I do, now the curent temperatures I have while in a 1hour gaming session are around 62°C on the CPU and 67° on the GPU. Is it worth changing the paste? Should I check temperatures after a longer session? Thank you

Solution
Those are good temps. As long as they are under 80C, you should be fine. i7-37700k can be overclocked and that's when you can reach high temps. When I had my i7-3770k, I was able to overclock it to 4.7ghz stable. If you are going for new thermal paste, I found nothing better than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, and I tried a few of the best ones.
Those are good temps. As long as they are under 80C, you should be fine. i7-37700k can be overclocked and that's when you can reach high temps. When I had my i7-3770k, I was able to overclock it to 4.7ghz stable. If you are going for new thermal paste, I found nothing better than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, and I tried a few of the best ones.

Solution