[SOLVED] CPU throttle few minutes after startup

Jan 28, 2019
PC specs:
MB - ASRock AB350M Pro 4
PSU - EVGA 650 GQ - 3 days old
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3,6ghz/1,2V- (stock cooler - Wraith spire) Changed thermal paste 2 days ago no differnce I have it for 3 months
RAM - HyperX Predator Dual channel 16GB 2666Mhz (14, 14, 14, 14, 36)
GPU - RTX 2060 EVGA Black gaming - 3 day old
OS - Win 10 (Peak performance set up in CLI + overall optimized for gaming)

Room temp is not higher than 25°C

Gaming issues
Last few days I've been noticing that my CPU is holding me back while gaming. It starts up nice with very good performance - ASC: Odyssey (60 fps ultra) but then it slows down to 30-35 fps.
Same in World of Warcraft where is crucial to have a good CPU at 20-30 man raids again starts at 60-70 fps no matter graphics and slows down to even lower than 30 after a while.

Test - CPU monitoring
To ensure It is CPU not GPU problem I ran some tests.
Cinebench 15 - @3,7ghz 1,275V 1671CB score after 5 minutes 1540cb, later even 600cb
Heavy Load stress test - after 10 minutes all stable temps at 85°C.
What bothers me is idle temps not going under 50°C only if I completely disable Overclock.

Overclock tests
I have tried many different values of overclock - only visible difference at 1st cinebench.
3,7ghz @ 1,3V, 1,1825V, 1,2V, 1,25V
3,85Ghz @ 1,3825V - here temps went to 94°C then I stoped stress test.
3,6Ghz @ 1,1825V, 1,2V

If anyone can help me and tell me what to do before I spent more money on cooling etc.
I am an excited amateur in PC building and Overclocking

Solution
The stock cooler isn't really meant for overclocking. Getting an aftermarket cooler would help a lot.

One thing you can try is lowering the clock and the voltage. Try for something like 3.6 at 1.15 run a few benchmarks, game for a few mins, run any program you normally would to stress test it, if it crashes up the voltage by .01 until you get something stable.

Or try applying the overclock to just a few cores (if you know which ones are assigned to windows) there are guides on how to do these.

robax91

Distinguished
The stock cooler isn't really meant for overclocking. Getting an aftermarket cooler would help a lot.

One thing you can try is lowering the clock and the voltage. Try for something like 3.6 at 1.15 run a few benchmarks, game for a few mins, run any program you normally would to stress test it, if it crashes up the voltage by .01 until you get something stable.

Or try applying the overclock to just a few cores (if you know which ones are assigned to windows) there are guides on how to do these.

Solution
Jan 28, 2019
Is it possible that Chip is damaged?
What kind of mistakes can you do while mounting CPU or CPU cooler?

Could power management settings in Bios help?

I will try 3,6 on lower voltage. when I get home from work