Question CPU throttling but temperatures are normal ?

rickthemapper

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017
So I have a Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core CPU that started performing very poorly about 2 months ago. I've done some tests and figured out that the issue is probably throttling, but the CPU temperature hasn't went over 60 degrees Celsius, even under stress tests. My multithread frequencies are around 1.2 GHz when they should be around 3.2 GHz. If anyone has any idea what the issue could be, and how to resolve it, that would be great. I recently cleaned my fans, factory reset my computer, and installed all of my drivers. Thanks in advance. I'll post an image of my CPU info on HWMonitor and if there's anything else I should do to test also let me know.

Also, I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB, and 16GB of RAM. If there another part Im missing, I’ll add it.View: https://imgur.com/a/wQzb94i

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since we're pretty much all on Windows 10, by now, you should ideally be on version 20H2 though not everything is ideal, so which version of Windows 10 are you on? Check and see the version for BIOS on your motherboard. Then include the age of the PSU, apart from the make and model of the unit.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS